GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Avoid cheap parts at all costs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

Avoid cheap parts at all costs Empty
PostSubject: Avoid cheap parts at all costs   Avoid cheap parts at all costs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm

I recently started having idle issues with my 1991 RMW.

It would randomly have a low idle, and also, randomly bump the idle speed up noticably for a duration of a couple seconds.

I went out in it yesterday, and as I was pulling into a parking spot the engine idled down and stalled. It started back up ok. As I was going home I started having more problems..the idle was staying at 1200 rpms and the SES lamp would flash on whenever I let completely off the accelerator.

I pulled the codes when I got home and not surprisingly it was 22, for low TPS voltage at closed throttle.

I borrowed the one from my 354,000 mile van and now the car is running perfectly again.

The clincher is that I found a long list of things that had been replaced on my car previously to me purchasing it trying to resolve a running issue. The TPS was one of those, and it lasted about 4,000 miles Mad

I think a better alternative is to purchase used OEM sensors from the JY when needed.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Avoid cheap parts at all costs Empty
PostSubject: Re: Avoid cheap parts at all costs   Avoid cheap parts at all costs Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 8:35 pm

I had a similar problem with my idle. It would jump around and then quit. It would start right up again. Mine was the front alternator bearing. Swapped out the alternator and it is fine.
Back to top Go down

Avoid cheap parts at all costs
Page 1 of 1