GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Curiousnapper

Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference? Empty
PostSubject: Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference?   Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:13 pm

94 wagon

My car has mechanical fan but no hitch, I don't understand why it has the mechanical fan? I thought it was tow package only.

I also can't find the right pulley and tensioner replacement parts, I keep getting referred to impala ss parts, but the engine
looks nothing like the front of mine as it has the giant fan on it.

Trying to get the right belt, tensioner and pulley but the 15 year olds they have working
at autozone aren't much help
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference?   Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:36 pm

None of the cars had a hitch from the factory. If you have a mechanical fan, you have the tow package. RPO code (on the sticker you will find when you open your tailgate, passenger side) for it is V92.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference?   Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Try ordering from RockAuto.com. Yeah, those parts are tricky to find.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference?   Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Engine has mechanical fan, what't the difference?
Page 1 of 1