GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Empty
PostSubject: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:24 pm

My brother was in a junk yard yesterday, and told me he saw a wagon that looked like my 96 Roady, but had Oldsmobile badges on it. I'm going to see him in a few days, and want to check it out myself. I know from previous discussions here that the grill is unique to the Oldsmobile, and the tail lights too? The only other thing I think I remember is the gauge cluster. Does the Olds have fly aways? Can anybody list a few of the unique Olds items that I could get (assuming he is correct about the car). Is the rear hatch glass the same? And, what about the fixed side glass in the quarter panels? Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:35 pm

Grille, tail lights, FRONT BUMPER, sail panels if it's a 1991, cluster (but don't get it if you don't really need it, tbh...), cladding.

Hatch glass is the same.

Quarter glass will be the same if it's a 1991. not if it's a 1992.

Battery tray if it's clean and not rusty would also be good to snag. They're hard to find in good shape.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:40 pm

Hey Ray, how are you? Long time no see. Hope all is well with you and the family. If I can get the grill, will it work with my Roady bumper cover? The Olds grill is my favorite, and I would love to have one if it will just bolt up, and allow me to use my Roady cover.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 08, 2013 11:42 pm

It will, but there will be a gap. The RMW bumper cover and grille are specific.

Check the off-topic section. I made a post with some recent developments. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 am

The OCC grille also needs the OCC/Caprice brace. If it has a good bumper cover, grab that too, and the support to properly fit the cover. The front seat skins with foam if they are good would be a good item. The dash is unique to the OCC as well, and if the woodgrain is firmly attached it is a good find. Something small like a hood ornament will sell on ebay for about $30. If the rear glass does not have the defrost heater traces, it is a good find. You should grab any good rear wiper arms, they break occasionally, and sell for about $35. Wing glass at the rear corner with good hinges are always a good item to be picked (you need a long screw driver and a drift to remove them). Driver's side front door interiors are getting rare as well.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 pm

If you can get the metal behind the cladding on the drivers door, I need that piece mine broke and cladding flaps now...
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 4:18 pm

Hey guys, sorry for getting back to you so late. I was unable to respond to the site via my phone for some reason while at the junk yard. Anyway, it was indeed a 91 Custom Cruiser wagon, but a complete pos. Someone got there before me and got the fly aways, tail lights, and rear grab bar light covers. Otherwise, it was complete junk. It is the most rusty wagon I've ever seen. Sprocket, all the cladding and mounts were gone, and where it used to be was painted black (the car is white) in an attempt to cover the rust. The grill was there, but from an Impala! And, the bumper cover was cut to crap. I may go back next week when I see my brother again to get the rear hatch glass, just to have a spare.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitimeThu Aug 15, 2013 7:05 pm

Check the back glass first. I have bought two in haste and when I went to put on, only then did I notice the deep scratching. I wipe Em clean at the yard now to ensure they are worth nabbing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions   Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Cruiser Wagon Parts Questions
Page 1 of 1