GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

so i bought this off the impala forum

Go down 
+3
94Woody
cadillac kevin
patgizz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
patgizz

so i bought this off the impala forum Empty
PostSubject: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:45 pm

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=272531

yeah, i'm the one that bought that.

so i bought this off the impala forum 103_1478

i'm currently fixing my trailer so i can go pick it up on the 28th. road trip pics should follow, hopefully it will be uneventful.

plan is to sell certain bits that i don't care for to pay for the car, then throw in something larger than a 350 yet keep it emissions legal to the point that it'll pass the sniffer. i'll also be looking for a hitch if not equipped
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:00 pm

Cool. Glad somebody bought that car from him. He's a good guy.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:44 pm

Interesting. I am wondering what you will do with the rear wheel well area. Those bumpouts (flares?) looks very awkward IMO. It would def be a cool project though and it comes with 4 bonnies Smile
Back to top Go down
patgizz

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 3:36 pm

i agree that they look awkward, i never cared for them. i have some other ideas.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 10:49 pm

Glad to see someone finally rescue that wagon.
Back to top Go down
patgizz

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 am

$600 in unexpected trailer repairs and about 40 hours of work later, i'm ready to go get it saturday.

i knew my u bolt buts rusted out on the trailer axles, but what else i found lead to all new suspension from the spring hangers out. then i figured while i was doing all that work to make it good underneath, i may as well spruce up the topside. one new fender and lots of grinding and paint later it looks almost new. so there will be pics coming this weekend of me loading up the new wagon onto a shiny freshly painted trailer.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2013 10:11 am

Very cool!! Looking forward to pick up pics and then mods!!
Back to top Go down
patgizz

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 9:10 am

well,

unfortunately we got it home. it, honestly, is beyond use. it has a beautiful clean frame and floor and the rear axle is mint. the wheels are ok, 2 good tires. that's about it beyond the pcm. it appears some parts have disappeared since he last saw the car. at this point i'm in break even from the car purchase and trip mode and hope to get the windshield out in one piece for my impala.

the cutouts are awful, there is rot in places that i scrapped my 91 for having, and it used to be a stereo competition car or something so there are scotch locks and other wiring hacks everywhere. plus the only straight panel on the whole thing is the driver's door.

lesson learned - if it sounds too good to be true don't pay in advance based on 2 year old pics and info and drive 400 miles one way to get it.

i have no problem with the seller, he hasnt seen the car forever either and a few days ago his dad told him his uncle swiped the electric fans that were supposed to come with it. i suppose he swiped the xenon projectors and msd box it was advertised as having as well because they are nowhere to be found. plus the carpet has a giant hole cut out in the console area that wasn't there in the pics so it couldn't even be pulled to put in the imp. as a whole i was disappointed yesterday for taking a 7am-2am 800+ mile round trip to pick up a pile of scrap with a few good bits.

still will be on the lookout for a clean wagon, but i'll only look when i am down south anymore so i can see in person before i pay.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:08 pm

sorry to hear that.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 12:08 pm

Bummer the wagon turned out to be junk.

What gears are in the rear?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 2:40 pm

Sorry to hear that,. BTDT a couple of times too,.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm

What a shame, sorry you went through all of that for a big disappointment.
Back to top Go down
patgizz

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:20 pm

94Woody wrote:

it is a low mile super clean 3.23 posi, and is going to my buddy for his 95. probably the best part of the car. we're pulling it tomorrow and the car will be squished by friday. i do love the look of the cut out quarters without the bulged flares, so the next wagon i get is getting cut out, the way i was going to do my 91 when i found the rot. use stock rear opening trims off a 93-96 sedan and fill in where necessary to make it work.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:31 am

patgizz wrote:
94Woody wrote:

it is a low mile super clean 3.23 posi, and is going to my buddy for his 95.  probably the best part of the car.  we're pulling it tomorrow and the car will be squished by friday.  i do love the look of the cut out quarters without the bulged flares, so the next wagon i get is getting cut out, the way i was going to do my 91 when i found the rot.  use stock rear opening trims off a 93-96 sedan and fill in where necessary to make it work.
I need a stock headlight harness including cornering lights for my Impala.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Sorry to hear it didn't work out too well. I would save all the glass you can get off it, if the drivers door is good, save the whole thing, door panels, Steering column, cruise control, window switches, front clip (deer seem to like our cars), bumper covers, window motors, lights, just about any useable part, fuel tank and pump, interior trim, etc. you can post it on the forum/ebay to try to recover the cost.

I've stripped 2 wagons and a sedan and am sitting on a mountain of parts I'll probably never need, but it sure is nice when I need something to say, "Hey I got one of those in the garage".

Advice on windshield removal = don't be in a hurry, slow and steady wins.
Back to top Go down
patgizz

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:04 pm

tim, i may have an ss front light harness. i have to check, i know i had one at some point as my 95 came with an extra. cornering lamps are awesome.

we got the rear out today and stuffed it into the back of a 92 woody. i am pulling anything good that i or someone else could use in the future. i really plan to look for one down south over winter while on vacation. i'll probably drive my truck and take the tow bar and lights just in case.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:02 pm

Sounds like a good plan.

I want to go on vacation in FL next year, just to find a rust/rot free wagon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:16 pm

So sorry Pat,good thing is all the great parts you"ll have when done.
Back to top Go down
patgizz

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 5:59 pm

well,

that certainly was a quick project. the car went to the crusher today. my buddy got the rear and spare tire well for a patch, made part of my $ back from scrap, and counting on selling the rims to finish paying what i spent to go get the car so i don't end up losing my ass. rarely do i lose money on a vehicle, i'm not planning to start now.

it was a blessing in disguise, as if it turned out to be a nice clean worthy project, i would not have been persuing CL the other day. and had i not been perusing CL the other day, i would not have stumbled upon the 1949 plymouth business coupe gasser project that i promptly went to look at and gave a deposit on. that will be here tuesday, i am in process of cleaning up the shop and driveway from stripping 3 vehicles, and the fact that i got lazy and never cleaned up after i did the lsx swap in my SS 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: so i bought this off the impala forum   so i bought this off the impala forum Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

so i bought this off the impala forum
Page 1 of 1