GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB Smog Equiptment

Go down 
+3
Krzdimond
Fred Kiehl
BuickGuy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BuickGuy

WTB Smog Equiptment Empty
PostSubject: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:39 am

I need to buy the smog pump and manifold tubes in order to pass inspection. I know a lot of guys just throw them out, I will take them off your hands for you. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:10 am

What year/engine do you have?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:49 pm

He's got my old 96
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 9:58 pm

I thought on the 96's, they didn't have to have that pump.  Isn't there a label from GM that's under the hood that says that or there was a service advisory on that?

Tom
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 10:00 pm

the label was to DISABLE not remove.

That was my understanding.....
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:07 am

There's a seller on the SS forum with stickers that say "deleted" instead of disabled. Might be worth a shot to see if the inspection place will accept it with one of those.
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 7:44 pm

I bought and installed said sticker, but here in VA, the inspectors are smart and the inspections are strict. I still need to make it look like that stuff is on.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 8:52 pm

Where in VA? Crazy Rays in Mt. Airy MD has a wagon in their yard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeThu Sep 19, 2013 11:41 pm

Buick Guy,I live in yorktown and they dont even open the hood on mine.Are you talking about them putting a sniffer in your exhaust because I dont think thats even required in va beach.
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 1:48 pm

Give me the address of the place you go to and I will drive up there. Down here they nitpick and scrutinize everything. I'm talking about in NM with the emissions test.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:22 pm

1996 and newer might be different inspections, OBD2.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:35 pm

Will the 96 running the 95 OBDI be an issue?

Inspections are a new animal for me as I have never dealt with them.
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 9:50 pm

It's just a visual and tolerance (brake pads, bushings, lights etc.) thing. They don't touch the engine or test the computer at all. BTW, it totally also failed because of the front side signal lights being white instead of amber and the lenses being clear, even though I can't figure out what they do.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 10:03 pm

the far outside lights are cornering lights... they light up solid (non flashing) only when the blinker is on White is original. Amber lights in those are parking lights. Turn signals are amber light bulbs inside the headlight housing next to the grill (towards the inside). Again, same as stock. The ONLY difference is the stock fluting is in the lens where yours, the fluting is in the bezel.

Careful with the tail lights, they have been tinted. You should have a couple of stock ones in the box...
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 am

Ok, gotcha. Headlights on, signal on, they stay on. They didn't hit me on the tailights, but I did see the spares when I unloaded everything.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 9:29 am

BuickGuy wrote:
Give me the address of the place you go to and I will drive up there.  Down here they nitpick and scrutinize everything.  I'm talking about in NM with the emissions test.
SITREP?

how did it work out?

On a side note: I need that plate back pretty soon as I need it for the "new" car (USA RET plates are registered to me , not the vehicle and are tax free)
Back to top Go down
BuickGuy

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitimeMon Sep 30, 2013 11:03 am

I'll get them in the mail tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB Smog Equiptment   WTB Smog Equiptment Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB Smog Equiptment
Page 1 of 1