GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got permission for pics now

Go down 
+3
benn
toomanytoyz
Sapper
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sapper

Got permission for pics now Empty
PostSubject: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 1:36 pm

Here's a few pics of the car and recent 383 build. I know it's not a wagon but it's still full size.

Got permission for pics now 94impss

Got permission for pics now Emblemspic

Got permission for pics now 115_zps94a30bb8
Got permission for pics now 121_zps890e67a5
Got permission for pics now 128_zps3ce12def
Got permission for pics now 136_zps39afcb41
Back to top Go down
Sapper

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Oh, and here's my gauges I just set up under the Cowl Induction. 3-3/8" tach, and 2-1/16 Oil pressure and coolant temp.

Got permission for pics now Image_zps906a7d6f

Got permission for pics now Image_zps6fe484f3
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 5:12 pm

John painted those flames, right?

Nice car, dude! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:40 pm

awesome car man!Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 6:43 pm

Sweetness and its a 94'. Mines not quite so fancy. Who's hood is that!! Can you read the gauges well (the smaller one's?)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 8:48 pm

Nice! like the purple
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Oh man!! Can't wait to see this!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeTue Oct 01, 2013 11:08 pm

Looks awesome,who made that hood?
Back to top Go down
Sapper

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 am

The hood is from a seller on ebay called Tamraz. I was stationed in Korea when my wife ordered it. She and our neighbor installed it and it fit pretty good. Then the body guys at the dealership she worked for handled the final fitment, paint and the stock supports were too heavy for it so they added a prop-rod from a Ford Ranger.

A few weeks later a guy that painted for Dupont in Nashville did the flames. But after 13 yrs now, some clearcoat is beginning to pop off of small areas.. She's starting to show her age now.

Beasst. The 2-1/16 are pretty visible. That's why I went with silver face. I have more cups for 2-5/8" gauges but I got these 2 gauges for dirt cheap so I used those. The tach I had to buy from Summit.
Next I'll be adding 2 widebands, (L&R), N2O pressure and if I can fit it, fuel pressure.

Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:12 am

Sapper wrote:
The hood is from a seller on ebay called Tamraz. I was stationed in Korea when my wife ordered it. She and our neighbor installed it and it fit pretty good. Then the body guys at the dealership she worked for handled the final fitment, paint and the stock supports were too heavy for it so they added a prop-rod from a Ford Ranger.

A few weeks later a guy that painted for Dupont in Nashville did the flames. But after 13 yrs now, some clearcoat is beginning to pop off of small areas.. She's starting to show her age now.

Beasst. The 2-1/16 are pretty visible. That's why I went with silver face. I have more cups for 2-5/8" gauges but I got these 2 gauges for dirt cheap so I used those. The tach I had to buy from Summit.
Next I'll be adding 2 widebands, (L&R), N2O pressure and if I can fit it, fuel pressure.

Boy it really looks nice.  I wonder if the 2" hood has that overhang at the cowl?  Did the hood have that panel as a cut away or did you make it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:06 am

Tell me more about your ignition set up.....please.
Back to top Go down
Sapper

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 10:47 am

I'm not sure what panel. If you're referring to a panel inside the the Cowl opening. There isn't any. They are installed using gauge cups. Here's a pic while I was mocking everything up with the hood off.
The 2 small gauges are mounted to an aluminum plate I fabbed up and painted black. The tach is in a cup that is mounted directly to the hood crossbrace.

Got permission for pics now Image_zpsc4fc3452
Back to top Go down
Sapper

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:39 am

3TONFUN wrote:
Tell me more about your ignition set up.....please.
What exactly do you want to know? It's the 24x setup using a late model PCM (0411), the kit from EFI Connection, and all the supporting mods/changes needed to complete. I'm using LS2 coils as well. The mounting was my own design, costing about $95 rather than pay EFIConnection $240 for brackets.

The trickiest part with the coil mounting was the proper placement to clear breathers, heater hoses, alternator, etc. But now I have all the measurements written on the wall in the garage. LOL

As for the wires. They are Taylor custom made 10.5mm. They cost me $80 shipped. Everyone else buys the MSD DIY kit for $140 then waste about 10 feet of wire.

The hard parts are if you are 94-5 car, is getting the 96-7 LT1 timing cover, having the hub turned down .100", and knowing which 3-2 solenoid & which harness you need for the trans. The the cost of having the harness reworked. New harnesses can't be made for our cars due to the pass-through block in the fire wall. Bill at BP Automotive, here in Ky, did my harness. But now we are going to revise it but rerouting the main harness around the brake booster to eliminate it coming across the engine and looking like crap.

As for tuning, LSx tuners are everywhere. LTx tuning is almost gone and most either don't know it or won't deal with it.

Here's a link to ISSF on a write up I did.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=290377&highlight=24x
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 11:07 pm

It's a wagon up to the 3/4 mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got permission for pics now   Got permission for pics now Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got permission for pics now
Page 1 of 1