GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?

Go down 
+11
crazyboutwagons
toomanytoyz
lakeffect
waynes91
brokecello
buickestate
94X2
jayoldschool
phantom 309
DBeaSSt
silverfox103
15 posters
AuthorMessage
silverfox103
silverfox103

Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Empty
PostSubject: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:14 am

Looks look quite a few states are going to get 2+ feet. For once it's not heading to Northern New England. No wonder the groundhog saw his shadow and went back to his hole.

Maybe the skunk at Pat's place knows something.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:44 am

Snowfall started at 8:50. Car is already covered. The forecast has been increased from 12-18" to 18-24".

The tractor is fueled up and ready to go....
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:03 am

those mid atlantic boys have been shovelling something all along,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 am

Just watched the news, and DC is supposed to get 60cm! For a place that becomes paralyzed with 2cm, this will be the Apocalypse...
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:43 am

jayoldschool wrote:
Just watched the news, and DC is supposed to get 60cm! For a place that becomes paralyzed with 2cm, this will be the Apocalypse...

Yes, I'm an hour west of DC. It's quite humorous to watch really. It's not so much that we can't clear the snow. The problem is that we have so many "transplants" here, people who transfer in for the Gov't from all over. Some have never seen snow, yet they hop in their SUV's and think they can go anywhere.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:56 am

jayoldschool wrote:

Please translate for those of us who are not on the Metric System.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:43 pm

Quote :

"Oooo--eee! We gonna get a sum-bitch pile of snow!"

How's that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:21 pm

60 cm = 2 feet. lol
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 3:43 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Quote :

"Oooo--eee! We gonna get a sum-bitch pile of snow!"

How's that?

Now I understand!!
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 4:26 pm

Pouring down rain here in NC. Better than snow I guess but then again at least in snow I have power steering...
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 5:25 pm

jayoldschool wrote:

That reminds me back in 1990 my dad was working at the Canadian Embassy in DC. He couldn't beleive that they basicly closed up the town cause of a half inch of snow.....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 7:57 pm

Where are the pics f this "powerhouse" storm (as TWC says) ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:07 pm

looks like we're dodging the bullet on this one here in our area of ct
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:55 am

silverfox103 wrote:
jayoldschool wrote:

Tom C.

Officially that's a few inches short of a Buffalo, NY shitload!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 10:26 am

kinda funny to read about folks panicing and buying up all the bread water, milk etc,..
a foot of snow is just an overnite thing ,. no biggie really,.
down in DC there, within 2 days max,. they'll have the place cleared out enough to function,..(obamy will just have to cut back on 2-3 smart bombs to pay for the cleanup) there's a pile of small business's everywhere that have loaders,. dump trucks, machines etc,. its what they do around here if things get crazy with a 3 ft snow drop,. the call goes out,.its good for business. adds to the revenue etc,.things are actually more difficult this year for us because of the lack of snow,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:49 am

It's crazyall the snow you guys are getting down there this year. We've had nothing so far this year. We've only had about 47" total so far. Usually we're up to almost 70" by now. Sorry, do't know the metric conversion, nor do I care to. Razz I think I've only had to use the snowblower 4 times so far! Not that I'm complaining. Wink We don't have any real snow-ground cover anymore, but the snow banks are still there from the snowblower and plow.

I don't think we've had a storm more than 8" yet this year. Maybe even 6".

But it's been PHUCKING COLD!!!!!!! I don't think we've been above freezing more than a weeks worth of days since late November.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Bill, same as here. The ground is still covered, but barely. I've only had the snowblower out three times. I hope it stays the same. Spring's almost here!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:36 pm

Well, power went out at 1am, just came back on. I can see sky now as the sun sets.

Snow started about 9am yesterday and didn't stop until about 12-1 today. The temps stayed warm enough yesterday that it didn't start accumulating until about 3pm. Overnight we got most of it naturally so I couldn't plow incrementally.

I'd say we got something between 18" and two feet. It's drifting quite a bit so hard to measure. The paved part of the driveway is clear, neighbor and I will tackle the rest tomorrow.

Pardon me whilst I thaw my fingers and eat a hot meal. Wink
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 6:58 pm

Well...glad you are alive. You were pretty quiet (I figured you lost power!)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
crazyboutwagons

crazyboutwagons

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 7:04 pm

here in pittsburgh,pa it started to snow about 2:00pm fri. really picked up about 4:oopm .i went out with rookie driver to help tarp flatbed load . we were soaked to bone by 6:oopm when finisised. snowing like a bastard by now did not sop till around 11:00am .i got around 2ft at home took me 2 hrs to dig out my wagon quit because my shoulder hurt like hell.

i got call from my boss around sat 8:00pm asked me if i could come in on sun to start the trucks and clear parking lot. 4 of us spent about 4 hrs cleaning of trailers,tractors,and flatbeds of so we could run on monday .that flatbed from friday had over 2 ft of snow on it that i had to clear off was like walking on ice on top of the super saks of activated carbon.

i came home and spent another two hrs clearing out deb's wagon. i have had enough of this snow storm the third largest in over one hundered years. i really miss the snowblower i sold 2 weeks ago.
go figure i should have held onto it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

it's all relative to where you live. You should try driving in LA when it rains, lmao.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:37 pm

oh oh looks like a some snow weds 6" maybe
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 7:55 am

Round two is on its way....
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 am

Whole house generators are looking pretty nice right now. 6-12" starting any time now.

Dulles Airport has recorded that this is now the snowiest winter on record. Baltimore is 2" short of breaking the all time record. DC is 9" short of breaking theirs.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 12:31 pm

My father in law said that as of this morning his neighborhood in northern Virginia STILL hadn't seen a plow. He also said they are due for another 10-20 inches of snow starting Tuesday afternoon. He sure is glad he bought my old snowblower at christmastime.

Meanwhile in syracuse, I've been cleaning off the driveway with a broom lately.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Rochester NY., snow update. 02/08/10

I've used the snow blower only once all season... still on it's first tank of gas...haven't picked up a snow shovel in weeks. cheers

Got my laptop back from repairs so I can start reprogramming the ECM when spring hits soon.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 4:59 pm

Any pictures yet? until I see pictures I don't beleive you guys

Or are you guys just affraid that you'll get laughed at when you show us your pictures of your light dusting of snow....
Back to top Go down
The Black Pearl

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Snow has been on the ground for over a month, I havn`t been able to shovel the dog poop up !
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 10:54 pm

The Black Pearl wrote:
I havn`t been able to shovel the dog poop up !

You shouldn't be doing that anyway... that's what wives and kids are for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?   Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mid Atlantic boys are you shoveling yet?
Page 1 of 1