GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
argo

argo

New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon Empty
PostSubject: New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon   New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:10 pm

I am a member of several Automotive Forums, but only recently did I find this one. I am a lifelong fan of GM and Ford Full Sized cars and especially their wagon variants. My family had Chevy Caprice Wagons as long as I can remember. When I was growing up, we had a 1980 Caprice Estate, a 1989 Caprice Estate, and a 1992 Caprice Wagon, which is the car I currently own. My parents are retired and wanted to drop to a single car. They have a new Honda CR-V and were holding on to the Wagon as a spare car, but it was rarely used. I offered to buy it when they finally decided to part with it, and to my surprise, they gave it to me because I always worked on their cars for free (including this one) and they feel I have done way more work (monetarily) than the car was worth. When I got it, the car had rusty brake lines that needed attention, and it also had an exhaust leak, a bad O2 sensor and a bad thermostat. I took care of the issues and I am very happy with the car. I intend to convert it to diesel. In fact, it was my research of the diesel Roadmaster Wagon created by your forum member convert2diesel that lead me to this site. I love these cars, and I am glad to have the opportunity to join this forum!

"I swear! Tractors is so dumb!" - Mater

1992 Chevy Caprice Wagon
5.0L TBI
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon   New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 9:37 pm

4bt cummins would be good,.
Back to top Go down
argo

argo

PostSubject: Re: New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon   New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon Icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:29 pm

LOL, I am planning a 4bt for my 1996 F-150 if the 300 cu. in. straight six ever dies.  The 4BT would be too agricultural in the Caprice Wagon.  Besides, I have an 18,000 mile Goodwrench 6.5L diesel that came from a K5 Blazer that actually rusted in half.  The engine is immaculate inside and out.  It doesn't have the right precombustion chamber cups for fuel economy though.  I will replace them with an extra set of small throat "C" code cups that I have from when I converted my Suburban.

By the way, I can't help but laugh when I look at your Avitar. That disembodied cab "running" down the road cracks me up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon   New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Member Argo 1992 Caprice Wagon
Page 1 of 1