GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rabalc

rabalc

New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 1:45 pm

Hello to all, I have been trolling your forum for months.. finally registered.  Purchased 1996 Roadmaster wagon with 72,000 rust free Florida miles on it for my x-mas gift to my self. Very clean inside and out. White with wood.  Found it on CL DesMoines for 2800, drove it home in an ice storm.  It even came with a nice bug deflector with bug screen and a compass mounted on the dash.  Cant wait for it to warm up so I can start to enjoy it. You guys have great info here and I really enjoy reading the posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Welcome to the madness.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 2:57 pm

Hey.. welcome that seems a very good price for a low mileage 96...
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2014 7:07 pm

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:30 pm

Thank you for the welcomes, Yes I thought I did very well at 2800. Its shows almost like new besides a few door dings in the vinyl. There is not a spot of rust to be found anywhere that I can see. Has 4 brand new tires on it. I did have to put blower fan and resistor for heater in, missing rear window wiper arm, and it could use a tune up, only getting about 12 mpgs. Does seem to run really strong and does not seem to be missing. It appears everything under the hood is factory parts so will start with basic plugs, wires fuel filter ect.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 4:44 pm

You may want to check your plugs for the rich running condition they would be black and sooty and possibly wet. If so I would suspect the water temp sensor you can get a factory manual on ebay. Others may chime in here most of my tech experience is with working on BMW and Bosch systems.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:10 pm

It does smell rich at start up, even after idling for 5 to 10 minutes. does not have cel or any codes stored, and seem to run good...my first lt1 and haven't had a strong v8 since I sold my 73 GTO back in 1990 so I am not really sure if the power is as it should be. It will roast the tire right off it...did not get posi
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 10:51 pm

I should also have noted also the oxygen sensor could be at fault. I average about 20/21 mpg out of mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW   New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member in MN with new to me 96 RMW
Page 1 of 1