GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread

Go down 
+6
Blackfoot
toomanytoyz
Krzdimond
DBeaSSt
93wgn
The Stickman
10 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:00 am

Very cool....I am loving this wagon more and more! The stance/wheels/paint are so nice Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:38 pm

Well I promised more updates and here they are. Here are some body mods I did with the bumpers. First the front bumpers are tucked in. The one bumper shock was partially collapsed so I collapsed it all the way. Now to collapse the other one I had to drill a hole in it. Then I stripped the bumper down and painted it black.

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_3952

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4034

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4033

Then onto the rear bumper. I stripped it down and painted it black like the front. I took it off the mounts and put it against the body and it looks great. But I have to figure out the mounts to get it right but here is how I want it to like

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_3944

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_3946

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_3945
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:58 am

Here is the rear suspension mods I have done. These are my Metco Billet Aluminum LCA's. I really like these arms. They are very nice quality pieces.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4106

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4110
They allowed me to mount a sedan swaybar on may wagon until I can get a set of much bigger wagon bars.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4113
Here are the arms mounted without the swaybar mounted.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4115

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4118
Here it is with the swaybar mounted.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4123

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4125

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4126
ANd here is a pic showing the twist in it.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4129
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:48 pm

Ok I bought a new Edebrock High rise Performer intake part #7111. I bought it cause the old Performer is warped to hell and I need to fix the leak problem. ALthough I think it might be a problem with the head because the cast iron intake leaked at the EGR crossover too. But then again I didn't read the turkey try gasket directions either time i did it until after the last one that said to use gasket sealer around the ports. Never had to do this on any other car. So hopefully this will seal right and I can get all the performance outa my engine that I should. Here are so some pics comapring the 2 Performer intakes.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4174

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4172

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4173
You can clearly see the new intake is about 2 inches taller than the old one.
Here is it mounted and with the carb on it.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4182

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4184

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4183
Now it did represent a big problem. The base plate for the batwing aircleaner is flat so it sits up off the carb. Thankfully I had an old HUGE aircleaner that had a drop down base that is the same size. So I swapped one for the other(will need some trimming) and low and behold I can close my hood.
stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4180

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4179

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4181

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4177
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Coming together nicely! Are we going to get to see this ride in person at WagonFest? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:49 pm

I love that batwing aircleaner!!
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:30 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Coming together nicely! Are we going to get to see this ride in person at WagonFest? Smile

Yup providing no more problems creap up like the trans seal blowing out and I don't get a migraine attack. but both our wagons should be there. I am so missing driving my wagon right now. Hope to have the trans back in by next weekend.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:26 pm

Well I got my transmission back from the rebuilder after the front seal went. I figured I might as well get the shiftkit put in and have the whole trans rebuilt. I also figured while the trans was out to replace the LT-1 radiator with an all aluminum one and to replace the Edelbrock Intake that was warped with another better one. The Intake was easy and I covered that in a previous post. The radiator was a bit more involved. I could not use the LT-1 radiators fans and since I had to shell out big dough for the trans rebuild I couldn't get new fans which can cost a good penny. So I bought 2 junkyard fans and made my own mounts. I think it came out very well.

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4187

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4188

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4189

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4190

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4191

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4195
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:45 am

Very short update. I got the trans cooler on. I will actually be running two The cylinder heatsink one plus this Perma Cool one with the fan on it. I think this one wll not only help keep the trans temp down. Not sure it was high to begin with but now that the trans is built up I don't want to take any chances. But it should also help with keeping the engine temps down due to the extra fan. I also got some work done to the fan shroud for on top of the radiator. But it's not quite finished.

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4207

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4208
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:21 pm

Lookin good! I was able to go check on that tailgate for you yesterday. All 3 of them are metal...
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 4:58 pm

93wgn wrote:
Lookin good! I was able to go check on that tailgate for you yesterday. All 3 of them are metal...

Damn, but thanx anyways.
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 1:00 pm

Ok here is the top shroud I made for the new radiator. It needs to be polished but it looks pretty good I think. I may need to move the fans a bit closer to the rad but I'm not sure at this point.

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4217

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4215

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4216
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 2:34 pm

Looks good man! WIll you need to made a bracket or something to cradel the upper rad hose? Or will it be fine (or you can put a spring inside it too I guess)

You do good work!
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 10:24 pm

FINALLY!!!!! I have all 4 seats in and mounted. Finally. And I have to say it makes the interior look great. I still need to put new carpet in and fix the headliner as well as other things but the seats and the way they are in the car really look cool. It has a theater style arrangement.

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4261

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4260

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4264

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4259

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4262

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4263

stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 100_4266
Back to top Go down
The Stickman

The Stickman

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 11:47 pm

Ok time for a tiny update as I haven't done much. But I did a very simple cheap mod that I thought I should pass on. I thought the rear sat a touch higher than I liked and someone from another forum let me in on a secret. Seems G-Body rear springs work in a B-Body and lower it quite nicely. It gave me anoth inch drop over my Eibachs. Not only that but it slightly softened up the ride on the front suspension. I thought they would be too weak to hold the rear up and not bounce. But it worked quite nicely. Still have to see how it corners but the ride seems great.
Back to top Go down
nhgonzo

nhgonzo

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 14, 2009 4:13 pm

Hey Stickman
how are you doing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/nhgonzo
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2009 8:41 am

Keep it coming man. I love your car and wish I'd never sold my box wagon.
Back to top Go down
datto62073

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 am

love the stance! not a fan of cut springs but damn, that just looks sick! might have to look into something for my caprice.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread   stickman - The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread - Page 1 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Stickman's Custom Cruiser Build thread
Page 1 of 1