GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster wagon number soup

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

Roadmaster wagon number soup Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeTue Mar 02, 2010 9:29 pm

Hey guys:

The weather was nasty tonight, so, since I had to stay inside I decided to use the Comp Nine VIn decoder to analyze some Roadmaster wagon option content. I am looking to upgrade to an LT1 wagon sometime in the near future, so I wanted to know what to look for to get one with the towing package stuff on it.

I only checked 94-96 wagons.

First of all, I compared 3 different 1996 Roadmaster wagons.

2 were equipped almost identically, except one lacked G80 limited slip. They both had 2.93, G67 level control, KC4 oil cooler, KD1 trans cooler, V08 HD cooling and V92 trailer provisions.

The third '96 wagon had none of that, and had GM8 2.56 ratio..BUT...it had the KNP heavy-duty trans cooler which was not seen on any of the other wagons at all.

Next up was a 1994 RMW.

This car had V03 standard cooling, 2.56 gears, no trailer provisions but had the G67 level control and KD/KC fluid coolers

Then, there were 2 1995 RMW's-

The first had all the good options...2.93, G67, G80, V08 and V92, plus the 2 coolers.

The last car was the semi-abandoned '95 I was eyeing for purchase, but to my disappointment, it has no towing provisions, standard cooling, 2.56 gear ratio..but, it has the KD1 trans cooler, although no code for oil cooler. It also has cloth upholstery and no keyless entry.

So, Compnine says all cars equipped with V08 also got V92, and vice versa.

Towing package didn't automatically get G80 posi.

Towing pack cars apparently got G67 level control, but some non-tow cars got it as well.

Compnine says in 1996, 6306 wagons got 2.93 gears, 6244 wagons were V92 tow-pack cars. So, does that mean there were no longer any GU5 3.23 cars after 1993?

I know this may all be old info to some of you, but it really made me aware that I'm going to have to look hard for the right wagon for my needs.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Quote :
there were no longer any GU5 3.23 cars after 1993?

That is correct. You can swap the GU5 gears (or complete rear end) into an LT1 car, then reprogram...
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 1:50 pm

Yeah, the GU2/GU5 cars were TBI only.

The load leveling or rear air shocks with compressor was standard on the Buicks. However you could delete it as a special order item. Thus, most Roadmaster's will have the load leveling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 3:45 pm

^ Yep. Mine has the air shocks. ('92)
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:28 pm

That's interesting, because my '91 does not have load leveling.

Well..actually it doesn't have ANYTHING..no limited slip, no load-leveling, no tow provisions, 2.73 gears...poor thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Bare bones wagon eh? Not all bad, it's still cooler than most things on the road today. Smile
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:23 pm

My 92 RMW is non-tow, no air level as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster wagon number soup   Roadmaster wagon number soup Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster wagon number soup
Page 1 of 1