GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Window Tinting Kits?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Chatam/Wagon

Window Tinting Kits? Empty
PostSubject: Window Tinting Kits?   Window Tinting Kits? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:21 pm

I got a quote of $399 to tint my 93 Caprice wagon recently but that is WAY to expensive IMO.
Does anyone reading this know of some good quality pre-cut tint kits for our wagons for a decent price?
I tinted my 73 Cadillac sedan years ago with tint I had purchased from a tint shop and it came out quite well.
I'm from a small town so the choices are very limited.
Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Window Tinting Kits?   Window Tinting Kits? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 11:29 pm

Both amazon and ebay have the pre-cut kits available.If possible buy the high end film like 3M because it seems to apply easier and last longer according to a local guy who has been doing tints for 25 years.He no longer does cars just high end homes with that solar film.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Window Tinting Kits?   Window Tinting Kits? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:16 am

Be careful that the tint is preformed to the curve of the window. All windows on the car are compound curves, and if the tint is not preformed, it will not apply satisfactorily. I got most of mine done for about $150 (all except the front doors and vista glass) about 3 years ago. That figures out to about $30 per glass. I can not imagine the difference to $399 since then. A mobile guy came out and did it at the house.
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: Window Tinting Kits?   Window Tinting Kits? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:28 pm

I paid $250 I believe in GA about 2 years ago looked good. Be carefull playing with the wing window in the back as my tinter somehow broke the latch off the glass and I still haven't found any thing that works to reglue glass to the hinge.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Window Tinting Kits?   Window Tinting Kits? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 11:15 pm

Rear view mirror adhesive, Mike.

Been there, broke that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Window Tinting Kits?   Window Tinting Kits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Window Tinting Kits?
Page 1 of 1