GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Options for painting a stock caprice grille?

Go down 
+2
200OZ
Bewber
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bewber

Bewber

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Empty
PostSubject: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 2:47 pm

Hey guys, as the weather warms up, I'm getting a little bit of an itch to personalize my wagon a little more. I already have one trick up my sleeve that will have me buying a can of duplicolor.

Soooo - remember that one time, on that other site, there was that one dude, with that one white wagon and a 80's jeep cherokee that friggin ran like 12's - and I THINK he painted the outer part of his grille body color white and the mesh all black and it looked pretty good?

I remember thinking it was cool and so that's how I'm feelin - but can't find a pic to doubble check if reality is even CLOSE to what's in my overdrawn memory bank.

Does anybody have a pick of such a scheme?

I'm not married to that plan either - but I do know that I want to do something, so please feel free to post up pics of other things done to stock grills - good, bad, or otherwise.

Thank you kind sirs,
John
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 6:09 pm

I remember that pic you are talking about, it looked good, but I can't find it either. Stockfornow did something similar to his white rmw woody and it looks good.

For some reason I can't insert a picture of it. Look him up on the Mid-May LROM.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 7:24 pm

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? 2025425120055625556S600x600Q85

I believe 200OZ is referencing this. Smile
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 8:36 pm

Paint it body color.

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? DSC01997

I know, the above image does not contain a white wagon....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey thanks guys! It's as sweet as I remembered. Simple, subtle, yet noticable.

I feel you Rob, but the other trick up my sleeve says that the black center would look better.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 pm

A gold bow tie might look cool on a blacked out grill.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:37 pm

Perhaps on the right car - but in my case that'd be like hanging a couple of fancy gold knockers on the door of a beat up singlewide trailer.

Alls I really want to do here is paint the door, and make you say "knockers", and if you've made it this far - I'm halfway there.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 10:40 pm

You can pretend you're one of the locals and hit that link... Wink

Or, you can be lazy and I can help you cheat.

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? 22771_518446005026_213500340_31032749_2853639_n

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? IMG_8629a

Not a wagon, but here's an better shot with the full monte (actually a caprice).
Options for painting a stock caprice grille? IMG_8617a
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 05, 2010 11:12 pm

Hey THANKS dude!
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:08 am

Bewber wrote:
Hey thanks guys! It's as sweet as I remembered. Simple, subtle, yet noticable.

I feel you Rob, but the other trick up my sleeve says that the black center would look better.

I think it would look better on a white car with the black center.

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? 22771_518446005026_213500340_31032749_2853639_n

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? IMG_8629a

And these pics solidify that opinion.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 2:48 am

I dunno,. following in the bewbers tradition of things ,
i see faux gold plated grill and surround, wiper arms,mirrors,window trim,rims,

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:19 am

Haha - you must be referring to my metallic poop colored Fleetwood - aka "the root beer float" that I hauled outta the GHE-TOE of Detroit. I deserve that zinger for owning that car - but I sure as heck didn't DO that stuff to it. Razz
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 10:24 am

Stingroo wrote:
Options for painting a stock caprice grille? 2025425120055625556S600x600Q85

I believe 200OZ is referencing this. Smile

That car looks really familiar.....

I actually bought the grill off someone on the other forum.

Wasn't sure how I was going to like it but it turned out great!

Options for painting a stock caprice grille? 3816542300_2a82566ca8_b
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Options for painting a stock caprice grille?   Options for painting a stock caprice grille? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Options for painting a stock caprice grille?
Page 1 of 1