GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.

Go down 
+2
lakeffect
steel-and-fire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
steel-and-fire

Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Empty
PostSubject: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:59 am

Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  20140525_191953_zps5fe417ea

Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  20140525_192011_zps2c83e11a

Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  20140525_192022_zps595cb284
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/weltallid123
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 10:17 am

Upstate is pretty big. Where were you?
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 11:36 am

lakeffect wrote:
Upstate is pretty big. Where were you?

Haha. Very true. Huguenot, NY around Big Pond.

It's not my college town of Ithaca, but a nice view and secluded enough for an escape from NYC.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 12:14 pm

Pretty car. Love those wheels still!

I see you have a dark headlight. I had the same issues on my '89 Olds Custom Cruiser. You have to install the sensor for the fiber-optics on the upper fenders on the inside of the headlight, and eventually moisture gets in the headlight and darkens it. Fought that issue the entire time I had my OCC, but loved the optics package with the fender repeaters and repeater above the rear window in the headliner. Modern cars just don't have toys like that anymore!
Back to top Go down
steel-and-fire

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 1:21 pm

Thanks for the advice, Mike.

Honestly, the only thing that I know worked on those were the middle indicator lights. I'll look into it on the growing list of things 'Firefly' needs doin.

When it comes to toys, I love the little side light on the lower fender that stays on when indicating.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 3:43 pm

steel-and-fire wrote:
Thanks for the advice, Mike.

Honestly, the only thing that I know worked on those were the middle indicator lights. I'll look into it on the growing list of things 'Firefly' needs doin.

When it comes to toys, I love the little side light on the lower fender that stays on when indicating.

If your headlight or headlights were replaced, that's most likely why those indicators do not work.   Nobody knows the trick anymore, and there IS a trick there.  This is an EASY fix.

Remove a headlight and unplug it, and look at the back of the headlight bulb and you will see a dollup of clear glue/stuff right in the middle of the metal prongs where your headlight plug attaches, and under that glue is a tiny silver "bee-bee" ball.  You have to remove this ball, it just peels off with the glue (sometimes easy, sometimes takes a little effort if the glue has been on there a while, and that is where the light for your fender lights comes from.  

Peel back the glue and remove the tiny bee-bee ball and stick the glue back down on the bulb, and then plug your headlight in.  The light will shine through the hole and glue (as long as it's still clear) and directly into your headlight plug.    

The fiber optic cable is built into the headlight plug itself, and runs from the plug up to the fender indicator, so if you don't remove that bee-bee from the back of the headlight itself, you will not have working upper fender indicators for the headlights.  

It's a good idea to wipe the plug itself off there too, so you get the best transfer of light.  You can test your plugs simply by shining a flashlight into the little hole under the female prong holes.    The indicator on the fender will light up.  

That will get you working upper fender indicators.    Gotta have toys!   cheers 

-Mike
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 5:27 pm

never noticed how much the headlight area looks like a regal
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 7:06 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
never noticed how much the headlight area looks like a regal

Looks like the headlight surround is the same as on the regals.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 8:45 pm

There's definitely an intentional family resemblance but they are different especially in the turn signal area.
Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  P1070645sm
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitimeTue May 27, 2014 9:23 pm

you sure know a lot about bee bee balls mike,..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.    Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upstate NY and caught some pics with the sunset.
Page 1 of 1