GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dos Vagones

Dos Vagones

Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Empty
PostSubject: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:06 pm

Calling Dr. Fine, Dr. Howard, Dr. Color Chip...

scratch  3 shades of white in 95, if I use the wrong one will only my hairdresser know 4 sure?

Unfortunately, the "patients" Service Label/ RPO codes are in critical condition and no way to determine if my White Whale is from the Arctic, Mt. Olympus, or just Bright.

confused  So does it really matter which of these 3 colors I get for road chip repair?

Anybody know a method to zero-in on the correct shade of white?

What would Capt. Ahab do?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 7:35 pm

My research minions have informed me through a bilingual whale that the correct color to your 95 is WA9753, or Bright White.

A note about paint colors...... different manufacturers have different names for the exact same paint formula. GM, BASF, and PPG all have different manes for the same code.

A GOOD way to check the color code is to run the VIN through the compnine website.... or run the VIN through the stealership.

OH, one more note: that color was used from 1991 to 2002, so it should be easy to find at the parts stores.

Last edited by Superior Finish on Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dos Vagones

Dos Vagones

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 8:28 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
My research minions have informed me through a bilingual whale that the correct color to your 95 is WA9753, or Bright White.

A note about paint colors...... different manufacturers have different names for the exact same paint formula. GM, BASF, and PPG all have different manes for the same code.

A GOOD way to check the color code is to run the VIN through the compnine website.... or run the VIN through the stealership.

OH, one more note: that color was used from 1001 to 2002, so it should be easy to find at the parts stores.

correct color to your 95 is WA9753, or Bright White.

Hi Krizmond - looks like your detailing business is prospering by that avatar? I remember when you were starting out in that direction, was that on the Buick Forums?

Are most of the white wagons Bright White or do you Jest (Guessin)? FWIW that's the color I would have picked out of the three with no other recourse. At least on color chips Arctic white seems to be more off-white than the other two.

Compnine doesnt give complimentary checks anymore - Do you have a subscription to run it for me? I did a long internet search (in vain) to find any free VIN check to RPO database sites and couldnt find one.

Also I have to wonder if even Compnine reports are returning the correct paint codes, are they reliable?

And I'd sure like to know what happened to my Service Label...I wonder if somebody spilled gasoline on it or what? The RMW label is clear and legible.

Maybe under UV or Infra-red light the text could be made out - Negative image? X-ray Glasses?

The DCC system seems to me to be as good as any, if just a little more $. Need two kits (Buick beatup too) and they give you 10% off if you buy two.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2014 10:08 pm

It is and it was  Cool 

Olympic (WA8624) is a GM TRUCK color. This is the white that refuses to stick to the primer on all of those Chevy trucks and vans out there.

Arctic White (WA9567) was used mainly on the Camaro,Corvette, and Firebirds.

Someone here has a subscription to Compnine, but I forget who.... Yes, it IS accurate.

Dealership will run it for free.. order the touch up from them (and save on shipping)

DCC is thinner and has a longer "wet" time, so it is squeegee'd on then wiped off, leaving the paint in the holes. This is how I do it at the dealerships. (I just mix the paint in the van, on site)

Back to top Go down
Dos Vagones

Dos Vagones

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 9:22 pm

Superior Finish wrote:
It is and it was  Cool 

Olympic (WA8624) is a GM TRUCK color. This is the white that refuses to stick to the primer on all of those Chevy trucks and vans out there.

Arctic White (WA9567) was used mainly on the Camaro,Corvette, and Firebirds.

That info is good enough for me. Bright White is on the way. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Dos Vagones

Dos Vagones

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2014 10:34 pm

Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Dscf7210

June 2007 about a month after we bought the RMW.

First thing I did was tint the windows and get rid of those ugly faux wire wheels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard   Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales of the White Whale ~ Wagon Overboard
Page 1 of 1