GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:46 pm

My left inner fender is not in the best of shape thanks to the crap weather we have here in the snowy months. My brother in law lives in South Carolina and has access to a massive pull-a-part salvage yard. I asked him to get both inner fenders for my wagon but when he got there the Roadie wagon's front end was pretty crunched in. The inner fenders were toast. So, he pulled the ones from a Roadie sedan for me. I'm thinking they probably won't work in my wagon. Anyone know for sure?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 5:54 pm

They wont fit. The RMS has a different shape. I had the same issue. They need to be from a Caprice (wagon or sedan) RMW or an OCC.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2014 6:07 pm

The 91-93 wheelhouses have different mounting holes for the accessories from the 94-96. You can drill the holes for the one you have in either. The sedan wheelhouses can be massaged to fit the wagons, but it is a lot easier to put a wagon style in it.

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
shrimpNE

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 9:20 am

I have a 1996 RM WAGON.
I need both inner fenders due to Rust.

Fred will the plastic Caprice inners work or should I stick with 94-96 wagon metal?

Also does anyone have some for sale ?
ShrimpNE
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 1:18 pm

There are no plastic wheelhouses for 91-96 B bodies. The 94-96 fenders are all the same. I will check the local yards for a set. Most are pretty rusty around the battery tray. My price is now $75 each plus shipping. I ship by FEDEX, because Greyhound ended its package delivery on September 30, 22. I must box them to ship by FEDEX. I have not shipped the parts by FEDEX before, so I do not know how much it costs. I did check their freight prices, and it is prohibitive.
Back to top Go down
shrimpNE

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2022 2:02 pm

Thanks Fred
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?   Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster sedan & wagon, same inner fenders?
Page 1 of 1