GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.

Go down 
+6
200OZ
jayoldschool
silverfox103
brokecello
DBeaSSt
1993 Roady-man
10 posters
AuthorMessage
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Empty
PostSubject: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:10 am

Well first off i'd like to say thanks for the opportunity to share how I became a long roof owner.
Well it started off by my dad trying to get my sister to buy a 92' Buick Roadmaster sedan back in 1997.
My dad wanted my sister to buy it because at the time he had to many Buick in his fleet of cars.
So my sister had this great ideal for all of us kids to pitch in and buy the Roadmaster and give it to my dad for christmas.
And since we were in October we had a few months to get it ready.
Well things went as planned and he even worked on it to get it ready for my sister little did he know it was going to be his.
Well christmas day came around and we all gathered around the tree and we opened our presents and made sure we left the last box for my dad which was the set of keys.
We had went out and bought a huge red bow and put it on the car for his wrapping. We were all excited to see what was going to happen.
Let me tell you there wasn't a dry eye in the room when my dad opened that box, he just looked at us quickly and then looked down and started to cry because he realized what we did.
Let me tell you he kept that red bow in the car on the back deck for 3 months but it seemed like a year.

Well that Roadmaster was only the beginning of his many Roadmaster.
One day he decdied to buy a Roadmaster wagon just to see if they were as nice as the sedan. So he started searching the free trader and listing to the swap shop on the radio in hopes to find one.
Well then one day in the paper there's a 1994 Roadmaster Woody Wagon for sale with 175K miles on it that came fron the south.
So since it wasn't that expensive due to the mileage, he decided to buy it and take a chance on it.
Well good ole me looked at when he got it home and said why don't we put a sedan front clip on it. I'm sure it will work, if it doesn't we'll make it work.
So he said sure,..... so the project was on it's way, and at first he said how are we going to put the wood grain back on the fenders, and I said we'll just pull it all off.

I'm sure a lot of you have seen this wagon around and it was at 1 one the wagonfest but i'm not 100% sure which one. he is a pix of my first sedan front clip conversion:

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. WagonFest2007033

Well after completion of this wagon I had the oppurtunity to drive this wagon to my many doctors appointments over in Vermont.
And this was the begining of hw I became hooked on the roadmaster wagon. Not just because of the ride and comfort but more of the fact that people would look and ask me about the wagon whenever I drove it.
That is one dam good feeling to talk about your ride to a complete stranger. So my quest began by in search of a wagon.
So I contacted Fred for the first time and told him I want a 93' TBI Wagon that is rock solid and runs and drives at it should. Well sure enough good ole Fred delivered just that.
Have to admit when I got there to pick it up it looked like shit. I then looked at Val my better half and said what did I get myself into. The car was filthy and windows were disgusting dirty from sitting.
And there wasn't a matching tire on it and one was even bald. So Fred and I took it for a ride and it went down the road real nice for having 152K on it. But honestly I wasn't convinced on buying it.
So we get back to Fred's and he says look under the car, so I did and right then and there I feel in love it. this baby was so nice I couldn't pass it up.
So we registered it and made our 4 hour trip back home, and the first thing I did the next morning was head right to the tire shop and buy some 235/70/15 Raised white letter tires for my 15x8 chevy rally'e rims.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM6495

Well I drove it like that for 3 and half years until I decided to make the transformation and the following pix's show you how that transformation began and went.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2168
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2169
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2170
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:14 am

Not sure how many pix's I can post at one time so here's another set.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2173
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2174
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2176
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2178
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2232
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2233
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2235
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2236
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2237
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2238
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:15 am

More pix's of the transforamtion:

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2575
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2584

Have to admit I loved the primer look on the beast and almost drove it like that. But as you will see I opted for the final finish look of what I now drive.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2577
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2578
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2583
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2593
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2595
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2598
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2620

Well after many and I mean many ideals popping through my head I opted for the peweter look for the insert.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2637
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2629

Ok here I was going through the I need Flames stage but as the day went by and I looked at for a bit I decided against them, So glad I did.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2627

Then for my second color I went with a Dark dessert brown poly off of a Buick Lucerne which that car will come in play again shortly.
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Othercolor
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2646
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:33 am

Well I thought i had my rim ideal all figured out but then I came across a set of Buick Turbines. So here are few before and after pix's of my rims. Lucky for me I had a set of New Old Stock center caps to fit these rims which I bought off of ebay, Which reminds me if you are looking for a set of these center caps there is a nice set on ebay right now, and end this weekend.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Rimbefore
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Rimfinished
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2714
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM3417-1

Ok now that I had my rims gleeming I liked the ribbed look on the turbines so I decided to add that look to my front fender molding. Which I think was a great ideal.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2715
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2718

Well now back to the Buick Lucerene, since I stolee the color of my car from the Lucerene I might as well steal the door sil plate as well. So I called up the local dealer and ordered some. So now where to put it, I almost put it up high on the tailgate but it looked cluttered so I put it on the bumper instead.
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2720
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2724

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:42 am

While I was waiting for my windshield I decided to put my freshly polished bumper moldings in place.
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2751

Well the next day I got my windshield so I installed that right off, and had to check my baby out outside just to see what she looked like in the sun.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2772
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2775

Well now that i'm really pleased I decide to finsh up with the paint work, cause I need to show off this ride to everyone. So the hood and tailgate get a fresh coat of armor.
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Assshot

Once all together except for the rear molding I am ready to drive.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. NICESHOT
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2826
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2830

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Extip3

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:54 am

Well as wagonfest 09' approaches I am so excited to go and actually have a vehicle I can show off. Now anybody that tells you a wagon isn't a chick magnet they would be a fool. I have had so many women come up to me and just talk about my ride. Wish they were all hotties but it's 50/50 and I can live with that.

Well after wagonfest I came home and decided to put my turbine on my beast to give it that grandpa look.

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM3312

And here she sits pretty in the fall foliage
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM3476
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM3478

Now for the more recent news on beast, it has decided to leave me stranded on the side of the road 2 weeks ago. It just quit so I pulled it off the thruway and went back the next day and picked her up. It started to put it on the dollie and started when we got home to take it off the dollie, but now she just sits. I am contemplating getting rid of her. Cause I just picked up a sweet 73 Olds Cutlass Supreme from Fred and it is awesome to drive. it too gets the women jumping. Maybe my Roadmaster is jealous of my Olds I have no clue but as of yesterday my Van has also quit. So the Olds is the dependable one. Here's a pix of the olds:
I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. 017-2

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:09 am

Thanks for sharing. Certainly one of my favorite custom wagons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 9:49 am

Yes, your wagons are always so beautiful. Your latest '93 RMW is one of my favorites..and it is was nice to look at it at WFest. Nice Olds too! Wink

Got your PM too! I will give you a buzz!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:40 am

Nice story Jarrod! I thought I remember your father's car as white at WF10. You must have painted it.

That Olds is nice, but not as nice as the wagon, don't sell it--keep both.

thanks

Tom
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 12:26 pm

Tom my dads wagon is still white. The one in the first post is one I did a few years back.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 7:58 pm

It was great to park next to you last WF. Your car is still one of my favourites, and it looks great with the turbines and whites.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 8:21 pm

Be sure to check out Jarrod's other interesting post. You'll forget how nice his wagon looks.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/other-f3/wow-way-off-topic-t1080.htm

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:03 am

Jerrod,

Don't sell your wagon, that is one of the nicest looking wagons I have seen. I love the color combo you picked for it.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 am

great pics and story! I now have many ideas about two tone schemes.......just no time or current resources budgeted Sad

Thanks for sharing!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 11:10 am

Good write up and very nice work on the rides dude.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks guy's if I get the time I will be changing out my rear bumper, oh yeah I decided to keep it.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:02 pm

Nice write-up, Jarrod. Smile Good story!
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:36 am

[quote="1993 Roady-man"]More pix's of the transforamtion:

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. HPIM2575

What tools did you use to grind that corner?.. i mean it looks you did more of that flat spot but i was thinkin' maybe a di-grinder to get more in the corner?..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 2:53 pm

I used my sandblaster to get it that clean, then I took the top rail off and then repaired it with some metal and filled her in after that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.   I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I got the honor of being LROM for April,.. I mean my wagon did.
Page 1 of 1