GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear windows off tracks

Go down 
+2
scoffman
autoarcheologist
6 posters
AuthorMessage
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

Rear windows off tracks Empty
PostSubject: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 12:39 am

My first surprise in the new Roadmaster is rear windows falling off the track. On both sides. Thanks for not mentioning that. Doh!

Is the usual issue that the sliders on the regulator have broken or fallen out?

What's the hot ticket for fixing them, just go OEM or is there an updgrade?

I have been reading horror stories of broken door panels. I have a door panel tool and will find instructions for the rear door.

Other than replacing the window bits and greasing them, replacing any broken christmas trees, and cleaning out the bottom of the door what else should I do?

Is there a good source for quality christmas trees?

Thanks!
Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 7:49 am

1. yes
2. Get the Dorman rollers
3. that about sums it up for me
4. I use Dorman brand from autozone
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 7:59 am

I've also seen the christmas trees at Pepboys. I also spotted them at an Advance auto, so they should not be too hard to find.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:13 am

Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 9:42 am

Thanks guys, just what I need. Off to O'Reilys. Having part number is HUGE.

I'm all about searching, but still learning the vocabulary for these beasts, so bear with me.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 10:00 am

;-)
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 2:09 pm

I just did mine a few weeks ago took some extra time to glue some door panel parts back together...
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 7:22 pm

I ttok the extra time to re-rivet the rubber seals when I gad the front panels off.
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 8:17 pm

here is a link to impalassforum where i got mine. hamilton chevrolet. i have heard that the dorman kit you need to open the center hole up alittle. the gm kit works great.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=293729

Also we have the Window Roller Repair Kits for $17.50 Delivered. They come with a pair of Plastic Replacement Window Rollers and a set of 5 door panel retaining clips which equals one repair kit. These are Genuine GM Parts that can be used to fix the window issue on 1991-1996 Caprices and Impala SS vehicles. These were designed to replace the original window sliders that these cars came with that are so prone to cracking in half and then the window will not go up and down in the track straight. Usually one side just hangs when you try to put the window back up. We are offering them here in quanity so that you can decide if you want to just replace the one that is broken or buy enough for more than 1 door. Likewise if you only need 1 or 2 kits you can buy only as many as you would like or need.
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear windows off tracks   Rear windows off tracks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rear windows off tracks
Page 1 of 1