GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

loose wire connectors that need IDing please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
just me

loose wire connectors that need IDing please Empty
PostSubject: loose wire connectors that need IDing please   loose wire connectors that need IDing please Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 7:05 pm

While looking around the car at horn and power antenna issues I found 3 unused connectors that have me puzzled. I am very good with 70's Chrysler wire diagrams but the FSM wire diagrams for this car are totally different. I think you need to know what system the connector goes to in order to look it up in the manual but what I need to know is 'what system it goes to'. Spent most of the day pouring over the diagrams and think I found 2 of the connectors but not getting a positive confirmation from the manual.
First: single red wire near the power antenna with a black connector......I'm thinking the fuel pump test wire???
Second: double connector with one white and one white/black tracer stripe near the washer reservoir, connector is black with blue insulator for connection....I'm thinking a washer fluid level indicator that my car doesn't have???
Third: 3 wire connector under steering column area of dash on right side of column. Has 2 brown wires into one opening and a slightly thicker purple wire into the second opening of a white 2 opening connector.....Can't seem to find anything in the service manual about that connector but purple wires all seem to be safety system related so I am concerned about what is not hooked up!!!!! Anyone know what this connector goes to??

Haven't tried out every accessory yet but cruise was working, all lights work except the coolant temp warning light, rear window release works but far back door doesn't unlock with the door lock button. The radio makes static with a weird beeping pattern of 3-1-3 and repeats but the cassette player works. The horns DON'T work which is why I found that silly connector under the dash while swapping relays with the rear window and both relays work on window. Wagon has the trailer pkg with mechanical fan but no hitch and probably no trailer brake setup.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

loose wire connectors that need IDing please Empty
PostSubject: Re: loose wire connectors that need IDing please   loose wire connectors that need IDing please Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 9:29 pm

It may go to the twilight sentinel.
Back to top Go down

loose wire connectors that need IDing please
Page 1 of 1