GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

not quite the same

Go down 
+6
81X11
Mark 96 Roady
Big Wagon Guy
buickwagon
Wagoninabox
rabalc
10 posters
AuthorMessage
rabalc

rabalc

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 10:46 am

I have sadly sold my 96 GS wagon and am going to drive it to Chicago on Friday, Sad  Its going to a good home, a fellow member is waiting anxiously for its arrival. We are expecting a foot of snow on Monday, hope its cleared up before the journey. I was already missing my car real bad so did what every one else would do, find another one right?  So I found a 95 dggm woody, kinda rusty, really dirty, cloth interior, oily grime encrusted motor that seems to run real good at low 265000 miles. It does not compare at all to my GS, but I still have a woody Embarassed and I don't need to worry about driving it in the winter. I have a long list of repairs ahead, oil leaks, window rollers, find some wheels and lose the whitewall tires, major cleaning.  Pretty cool to see a pair in the drive for a couple of days, kind of like my own wagonfest.not quite the same NCM_0101_zpsy9v7kb0hnot quite the same NCM_0102_zpstmidhvg3not quite the same NCM_0100_zpsslq8ctcl
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:22 am

Nice! Second fav color. You have a new color palete to work with now! Glad you got another so soon, it means you are a diehard wagon lover.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:05 pm

Did it come with a hitch? Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:10 pm

buickwagon wrote:
Did it come with a hitch? Twisted Evil

That's funny, it does have a 1-1/4 hitch on it
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 12:28 pm

I've heard that there's someone on the board who can upgrade that for you. Laughing
Back to top Go down

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 5:29 pm

Nice looking replacement wagon!
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Nice DGGM Woody   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 pm

The new wagon looks to be in great shape in those pictures. If its crusty you don't want to see what qualifies as a rusty Canadian car Embarassed

Hope you post progress pictures of the new one.
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeSun Nov 09, 2014 11:19 pm

Big Wagon Guy wrote:
The new wagon looks to be in great shape in those pictures. If its crusty you don't want to see what qualifies as a rusty Canadian car Embarassed

Hope you post progress pictures of the new one.  

Looks can be deceiving, had the leaky sunroof issue, not sure whats holding it in as its all rusted around it, not much left of the pillars between the doors either. other than that it is in pretty good shape for 265,000 miles, paint and trim is near spotless. inside is ok other than a dog must have gotten hungry and ate most of the carpet in the cargo area and it smells like buttered popcorn real bad
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 2:39 am

Why did you sell the other one?
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2014 10:42 am

[quote="Mark 96 Roady"]Why did you sell the other one?[/quo

The mustang in background is in need of being saved
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:25 am

Understood! Good luck. I'm doing a bare metal re paint of my 95 Mustang GT convertible. It's in primer now, and since I don't have a fully heated garage, the painting will have to wait until spring when the weather gets a little warmer.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 11:30 am

Love that color. Looks like all the black side trim is still on it too, nice!

Good luck with it and keep us in the loop on the repairs/mods.

I'm sorry to see your white car go, but good for you for softening the blow! Smart!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 5:06 pm

Looking forward to see what you do your new beater Wink Longroof longmilers need love too!
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2014 12:54 pm

Well, by the looks of it, nice wagon. The stang on the otherhand (is it a 70's sportsroof?) is certainly something to keep.
Pete
Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:24 pm

you call that rusty? I live in ohio so rust to me is a little different ,but thats a great looking wagon!
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 8:32 pm

As john said,. canadian cars can get really rotten,.. thats why GM puts in such strong carpets,..
Back to top Go down
bcb577

bcb577

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:25 pm

I guess that's what we get for living in cold weather areas salt kills these things
Back to top Go down
rabalc

rabalc

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 11:55 pm

I don't think salt got my new old wagon, the floors and inner fenders as well as the majority of the body is pretty clean, the seams of the roof and the a and b pillars are really bad, I think I could put a fist trough the b pillars. Makes me cringe every time I open the doors, especially after seeing my GS wagon being so clean.

Oh yeah, I changed my avatar, that old f**d is the reason I sold my GS wagon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

not quite the same Empty
PostSubject: Re: not quite the same   not quite the same Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not quite the same
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: