GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Heavy duty tow tire

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
VT Wagon

VT Wagon

Heavy duty tow tire Empty
PostSubject: Heavy duty tow tire   Heavy duty tow tire Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:31 pm

Whatcha running.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty tow tire   Heavy duty tow tire Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 8:58 pm

Not "heavy duty" but have towed 3-4k lbs from Georgia to Kansas and back. I have kuhmo ks21? Tires. Will need to look in am. So far good traction in rain, snow, ice, and nice weather
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty tow tire   Heavy duty tow tire Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2014 10:14 pm

Lots of choices in 235 75 15. You can even go LT if you want more of a safety margin.
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty tow tire   Heavy duty tow tire Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2014 2:28 am

I'm also currently just running the standard load Kumho SL21 225/75R15 tires. As long as we don't load anything in the back of the wagon we should be within the limits when towing at max pressure. I think each tire is rated for about 1800 lbs, so 3600 lbs total. The wagon alone is 2200 lbs in the rear, that gives me 1400 lbs reserve. Our tongue weight is 800 lbs, 300 for us, we're still 300 lbs under.

But I hope to upgrade to a 17 or 18" wheel with an XL tire at some point, when I find a decent set.
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heavy duty tow tire   Heavy duty tow tire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heavy duty tow tire
Page 1 of 1