GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Driveway Art Now with Photos

Go down 
+9
81X11
Mark 96 Roady
Sprocket
Krzdimond
1tireman
DBeaSSt
sswagon
Andebe
bamalongroof
13 posters
AuthorMessage
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

New Driveway Art Now with Photos Empty
PostSubject: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:05 pm

I stumbled on to an 1991 OCC so inexpensive can't pass it up. Its a Burgundy car with a matching leather interior is this DCM in 91?

The car appears to have no rust runs and drives with leather good glass and no rear defrost. Body looks nice no damage and seems to only have pealing paint on the hood otherwise very good on the car with 200K.

Monday I will drive it and do a closer inspection. Maybe I don't need a new computer for Christmas when this is the same price. And this seems a good car for a refresh and some mods I want a 5 speed wagon maybe a Hurst/Olds Tribute?

Jeff

Last edited by bamalongroof on Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 1:27 pm

Post some pics soon?
Back to top Go down
sswagon

sswagon

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 8:56 am

When you said new driveway art I was expecting to see posi marks.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 8:57 am

Congrats on the new wagon! DCM was a 94-6 color. The 91-3 color is lighter. I can't recall it's official name right now though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 1:47 pm

Thanks Mike I will have to look up that color and will post some photos next week when I get it home.
Back to top Go down
1tireman

1tireman

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 7:59 pm

Congrats on your new wagon, looking forward to seeing pictures of it.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 11:42 pm

On the passenger side tailgate support ("D" pillar), there is a white paper. there is a code on the bottom that starts with "CC" or "UC". it is either 8748 (Flame red) or 9078 (Dark Maple Metallic)
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:49 pm

i'm betting it's 9078, only reddish factory color on an Olds. Nice find, looking forward to pics.

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Both were available for Olds in 1991.

8748 was used on Olds (and other GM brands) from 1986 to 2002
9078 was used on Olds (and other GM brands) from 1990 to 1992
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 pm

Just ran a Comnine report since I only have an ignition key. The report says:

701 INTERIOR TRIM,DARK MAPLE RED (70I) 2,323
702 TRIM COMBINATION,LEATHER,DARK MAPLE RED (702) 869
709 SEAT BELT COLOR,DK MAPLE RED (9) (91) (709) 2,323
78U EXTERIOR COLOR,PRIMARY,MEDIUM ROSEWOOD METALLIC (78U) 1232

I will post some photos shortly. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:47 pm

RPO code 78U is the Paint code WA9078
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:59 pm

Thanks Robert.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Anytime
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 10:16 pm

The weather was lousy today so no cleaning up before the photos below:

New Driveway Art Now with Photos PYOXNIb

New Driveway Art Now with Photos RHHMpTv

New Driveway Art Now with Photos QqvypGi

New Driveway Art Now with Photos UfMQ9Y6

New Driveway Art Now with Photos AXxoJVV

New Driveway Art Now with Photos 5VATg6W

New Driveway Art Now with Photos O80s6xn

New Driveway Art Now with Photos HaIbqJL

New Driveway Art Now with Photos YiJvVLQ

Everything works on the car needs a few windows fixed (tracks) and the trans is weak but runs well. Looks like a good deal for the money.

You can see the paint is pealing on the hood only.Interior is a mess from kids and will spend the weekend cleaning that up. Jeff
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:33 am

Very cool! Always great to see an Olds wagon on the forum. What, if any, are the plans?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Nice! Good find, and good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 10:12 am

Love that color combo...I wonder how much hp that front plate adds?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 11:48 am

I can't decide if I like the color or not.... but then again I see colors but fail the color blindness test and am really challenged with reds. Do you think gold lowers with gold accented black wheels would go well with this red?

Most of the colors on cars I like are blacks, greys, blue and white. jeff
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:56 pm

Only if your a Noles fan.. for that garner and gold color combo....

Nice save.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 2:34 pm

Nice! Just a suggestion on cleaning the interior of your new wagon, take the seats out! It is only 6 nuts per seat but will allow you to give the carpets a good deep clean.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 3:46 pm

Nice find Jeff!

Clean her up, paint the hood, find a matching rim.......you've got yourself a nice car.

Tom

Oh, and junk the skull....ha ha
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 9:33 am

I have a set of 4 of the original rims if u are. Ingferested in staying stock....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:34 pm

Awesome wagon find,looks pretty good!Saved another wagon which is a great christmas present in my book!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Awesome wagon find,looks pretty good!Saved another wagon which is a great christmas present in my book!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 2:35 pm

Yes the wagon is worth 2 posts!
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:42 am

How about some inside photos?
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:37 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Yes the wagon is worth 2 posts!

Good one I like that...
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Mark 96 Roady wrote:
How about some inside photos?

Interior is really messy now and I need to have a key made so the back can be opened to clean it up. Also will be needing a passenger seat covering in maple leather or elusive bonnie buckets in red. I have some black leather Recaros that may go in for awhile. Jeff
Back to top Go down
redcaddy

redcaddy

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeSun Dec 21, 2014 4:08 pm

I had a 4 door Regal limited, in that same red with the same paint problem on the hood.

I just DA'd the hood to bare metal, shot a heavy coat of hi build primer, blocked it sorta flat and rolled on 2 heavy coats of John Deere Blitz black, with flatter agent. Ended up with a really smooth, almost velvet look. Faintly reminiscent of the '60- '70's Pro am Camaros. (Sorry, I guess ya gotta be an old fart to remember those cars) It's just a cheap, easy way out.

Paul
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 1:55 pm

Just at the planing stage but I like this paint scheme and will be the one I go with. Not trying to copy Ray's wagon it will be gloss top and bottom with silver accents. The lower body color will also be burgndy with polished or black and chrome wheels.

Reserching motor upgrades now or a 350 will be transplanted I have an extra LT1. Jeff

New Driveway Art Now with Photos Rdkl5zc
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 4:42 pm

Im digging the van....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 8:00 pm

It'll be a lot of body work to add all those windows to the car,..
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 9:26 pm

Your right though I love that big sunroof...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Driveway Art Now with Photos   New Driveway Art Now with Photos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Driveway Art Now with Photos
Page 1 of 1