GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Testing compressor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
71novaguy

Testing compressor Empty
PostSubject: Testing compressor   Testing compressor Icon_minitimeFri Dec 19, 2014 3:54 pm

Well I found a compressor out of another wagon today. I can jump power to it with my battery pack and it runs so a good start. What wires do I need to jump to bench test the compressor? The solenoid only has two wires that I can see, and I tried jumping both but it never built air. I can feel some air coming from the crank vent but it doesn't appear to make any out of the tank. I'm guessing the solenoid is not letting the air through?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Testing compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing compressor   Testing compressor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 10:35 am

put a balloon over the outlet,. see what happens,.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

Testing compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing compressor   Testing compressor Icon_minitimeSat Dec 20, 2014 1:31 pm

I've got a pressure gauge I can use, but does the solenoid need power to let air out?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Testing compressor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Testing compressor   Testing compressor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing compressor
Page 1 of 1