GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642? Empty
PostSubject: SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?   SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 2:06 am

My RPO sheet shows 642 as the interior code.

The SEM website lists 3 different colors for 64 - Light, medium and dark tan.

I plan to call them in the morning to get the expert opinion, but if anybody here has done this recently and knows the proper colors I'd love some help.

I need to paint my dash pad, steering wheel, both lower pads on the passenger side, and a bunch of plastic in the back area. Probably should have held out for a Roadmaster in better condition, oh well!

Cheers,
Ian
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?   SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 10:07 am

I can help you with the SEM. I have a 94 Caprice wagon same with the same colors interior and exterior. I had a door panel that I needed to paint. SEM lists 3 colors for the 94 Caprice: light beige, medium beige and dark beige. None of them is a real good match for the plastic trim, door panels, etc.

There are a lot of different colors in that interior: top of dash (dark), steering wheel (medium) and Roadmaster seats probably light. None of them is a real good match for the plastic trim, door panels, etc.

I also tried Saddle Tan, which is an off of the shelf color. Some guys use it, but it is far from a perfect match, by any means. It is probably OK if you have to paint a console, which stands alone.

Having bought all three shades plus Saddle Tan, now I'm into it for quite a few $$$, and still not having the correct color. I'm not giving up. So, I called SEM, they told me to send a piece with the color I wanted matched. I sent them the plastic blank cover for the door lights. They matched it with one of those spectrophotometer.

This is the SEM paint number code: CC# 2014-0079. They named it Saddle Tan I, not to be confused with Saddle Tan.

I always buy from vinylpro.com. They are equipped to mix that paint, most SEM dealers are not. Off of the top of my head, the custom mix is @ $22 per can, plus somewhere around $12 to $15 shipping, not cheap but good.

I think if I were you, as it gets expensive, I would probably get a can of custom mix and call it good. Paint everything that same color. Not sure what the "pads" you are talking about, but if it is the seats, you need light beige.

Tom
Back to top Go down
autoarcheologist

autoarcheologist

PostSubject: Re: SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?   SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 11:54 am

Tom that's awesome.  That's exactly what I noticed, there are 3 different tans listed for code 64.

Do you remember if you used Classic Coat or Color Coat?

Color Coat sounds like it would meet most of my needs except the steering wheel.

The dash bits I need to paint are the front (the big long piece that pulls off to access the radio) as well as the glovebox door, and ashtray and storage tray.  All are badly scuffed.  Luckily not scratched.

I'm trying to finish everyhing up so I don't have to pull the dash again, not that it's hard, I just expect that at some point I'll break it. I don't mind driving around without the dash, my wife is a little annoyed but used to it after being married to me for 10 years! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.jewelorjalopy.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?   SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Tom knows his SEM,. and knows how to apply it too,.

Love my CORRECT blue steering wheel for my car,..removed, re-colored correctlyat WF mid atlantic by tom.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?   SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SEM Color code for 1994 Tan interior - code 642?
Page 1 of 1