GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015

Go down 
+2
Bobloblaw
RockAuto
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RockAuto

RockAuto

RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Empty
PostSubject: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 9:20 am

5% Discount Code: 252C51CE59EC06
Expires: 04/26/2015

Please enter this code in the ‘How Did You Hear about Us’ box to receive discount. Please enter ONLY the discount code, no other words or numbers. Please note that orders using discount codes must be placed online and the discount code must be entered before an order is submitted to receive the discount. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

RockAuto.com is an online auto parts store founded in Madison, Wisconsin in 1999 by the Taylor family. RockAuto.com ships thousands of auto parts from over 300 manufacturers to customers worldwide.

The www.RockAuto.com catalog includes a full line of mechanical parts, from small items like filters and wiper blades to complete remanufactured transmissions. The RockAuto catalog also contains a growing number of body parts: door handles, mirrors, sheet metal, bumper covers, even carpets! The www.RockAuto.com catalog includes vehicles from 1945 to today, making it easy to find parts no matter what you drive.

RockAuto.com prices are low every day! Order online at www.RockAuto.com 24 hours a day. Parts are conveniently delivered to your door. Have parts questions that must be answered accurately? RockAuto.com has excellent customer service agents ready to help you get the parts you need. E-mail service@rockauto.com. (Mon - Thur 6 to 10 / Fri 6 to 9 / Sat 7 to 6 / Sun 8 to 4 Central Standard Time).
Back to top Go down
http://www.rockauto.com/?a=gmlongroof
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Just found this. Not sure how I missed it.
Thanks for posting the 5% off. This will come in handy......once I get the money together to purchase what I need.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Slightly frustrated after having placed an order with RockAuto   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2015 9:03 pm

I want to start off by stating that I really appreciate the fact that the good folks at RockAuto have elected to become vendors on this forum, and I sincerely appreciate the forum discount that they have seen fit to offer.

I'm not a complainer, or letter writer by nature...so my posting this message should be viewed as a measure of my frustration.

It should come as no secret that auto parts are cheaper in the US then up here in O Canada. Owing to the fact that I have 50 plus vehicles in my fleet, its not unusual for me to combine the purchase of large quantities of maintenance parts with family vacations or invent reasons to go for long weekends in the US just to haul back parts.

I have been eyeballing the RockAuto site/catalogue for some time. This past Monday I found myself on their site, and was impressed with both their selection and prices. As an added bonus they even list prices in Canadian and US dollars. (I thought given that they had designed this into their site they must have a significant base of Canadian customers or at the very least recognize the potential for same).

So...now onto my tale. Monday night I place an order for 4 KYB shocks and a set of MOOG rear springs for my 383/T56 Wagon. I click off the parts I want and add them to my cart. I entered my credit card info and check off that I want the parts shipped to a friends home in NYS. (Combine my parts pick up with a visit to see some good friends). I note that according to the site my parts would be delivered by Friday. Given that I had intended to make the trip over on Saturday morning I should be fine. However given that I wanted to be absolutely sure I clicked the box for expedited shipping. Which cost me more money but I thought it was good insurance. With-in moments of completing the transaction I received confirmation of my purchase from RockAuto. I contact my friends and tell them to I'm coming. I jump on line and make hotel reservations...all set off to bed I go. All is good in the world.

Tuesday morning (8:45 AM) I receive an email from RockAuto advising that my order could not be processed due to "issues" with my credit card. In the email they provided a number for me to contact to discuss the issue. (1-608-661-1376). Note this is not a 1-800 number and that its a LONG distance call from my calling area. Given that I have now made travel plans and have visions of a better handling Wagon dancing in my head I want the parts...so I call the number provided...its answered promptly and I'm placed into an automated que. After waiting for @ 15 minutes and still being caller #5 I decided to hang up and call back later. (Did I mention that I was on hold for 15 minutes paying long distance fees). I repeat this same scenario seven times over the next 4 hours. I invested a combined total of 70 minutes into the on hold experience before getting to actually speak with a Customer Service representative. (The gentleman was super nice and very professional). I explain what had transpired to him, and advise of the email I received. He suggests I enter an alternate Credit card. The original order was placed with a Master Card, the second attempt was made with a Visa from a different bank. I was told that both the Master Card and Visa transactions had been flagged on their end as potential "Fraudulent" purchases. I explained that this was impossible and that I could/would call my bank. The Customer Service rep then suggested that I pay using PayPal. Trouble being that if I paid with PayPal they would have to ship to my residence (The address registered with PayPal). If I did this my purchase would be subject to additional shipping charges, and duty). By picking the parts up in the US I would avoid these additional charges. So after 45 minutes of discussing this over the phone, the Rep suggested that I pay via an On Line banking transfer. The Customer Service rep supplies me with "all" of the details required to set this up with my bank and we conclude our call. I hang up and call my bank to set up RockAuto as a payee. (Another 40 minutes on line with the bank and 2 more calls back to RockAuto to obtain additional information as apparently RockAuto does not actually accept banking transfers, they have a relationship with a company called "Custom House ULC) who actually receives the money for RockAuto. While on the phone with my bank I asked why my Master Card was flagged. My bank spent about 10 minutes investigating and advised that there was nothing wrong with my account and further advised that they could not even see an attempt to process the charge???? (I called the other bank and asked about the Visa...same response!). I'm not sure what RockAuto is doing in the back ground to check credit card purchases...but clearly its BROKEN!

OK so now I'm all set...I transfer the funds to (Custom House ULC) and all is good in the world again...or so I thought! I forwarded a screen capture of the successful funds transfer to RockAuto's credit department as suggested by the Customer Service Rep. Oh I should mention that wanting to be absolutely sure that my order would be shipped and waiting for me in NYS Saturday I changed my shipping options and paid for the next level of service. ($60.17) By the sites calculations this would have my purchases at the destination by Thursday of this week. Freaking fantastic!!

About 15 minutes after I forwarded proof of payment to RockAuto's credit department, I received a reply by email advising that my money would be held by the "Customs House" people for 48 hours...and once the funds were confirmed they would advise RockAuto that the order could be processed and shipped. The earliest that this would now happen is some time late Thursday afternoon. (WTF!!). If someone had explained this to me I would not have proceeded...now I have flushed money down the drain. I again call Customer Service, and I'm told not to worry...the items will be shipped from a warehouse in NYS and that they will most certainly be at destination by the time I arrive.

Wednesday at 6:35 PM I receive an email from RockAuto advising that my order is being "shipped". Given the 2 day shipping that I paid for I assumed that everything was on track to be at destination for Friday. Thursday I used the tracking number supplied only to discover that in actuality the parts had not shipped...in fact according to the FedX site they were not even picked up until 3:59 PM Thursday. As of this moment the FedX site has my parts sitting in Newark NJ and not scheduled to be delivered until Monday at 8 PM.    

So to make a long and frustrating story short. I'm off to NYS in the AM. Despite investing considerable time into the process, incurring significant long distance changes and having paid for expedited shipping that was an absolute waste of money...my parts will not be waiting for me when I arrive in the US. Now I will have to arrange to have them shipped to me in Ontario or make a 2nd trip to NYS to pick them up. (More time and money down the drain!!)

Needless to say...I'm not impressed! I sincerely hope someone from RockAuto sees this post and investigates. Obviously I would be most impressed if someone from RockAuto would contact me to discuss this and make it right.

Regards from a VERY frustrated Big Wagon Guy.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 12:35 pm

wow sorry to hear about your frustrations Big Wagon Guy. I wonder if they flagged the purchases as possible fraudulent because they were shipping to an address in the US but the Credit Card's have a Canadian address associated with them. I would think they would let you make the purchase via the phone and use the credit card with out any further problems. Especially if you're talking with them as the run the card. Hell you got the card and all the info, including that little security code on the back. SMH. Sorry for your added expenses and still not getting the parts as planned.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Still no parts and no contact from RockAuto   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 7:18 pm

Well, still no parts and no contact from our good friends at RockAuto.

Scoffman thanks for reading the post and taking the time to comment. Anything is possible, however I doubt it as their site allows you to input the cards registered address as well as the ship to address. As stated in the post both banks advised that they did not see an attempt to process. I can only conclude that something is amiss with whatever reconciliation process is being used.

I sincerely hope someone from RockAuto is monitoring this site and investigates. I'm sure I'm not the only customer to encounter this. From a customer service perspective I would think they might be interested in understanding what went wrong...as I'm confident that there are a couple process improvements that could/should be made.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Wow.

I feel like sending that to them as a PM will yield a better response. Then somebody will at least get an email notification of a message.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 23, 2015 9:28 pm

Excellent suggestion Ray...I just sent them a PM. I also received word that the parts have arrived at destination...to late for my needs but they are there now.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: I'm still waiting!   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 08, 2015 7:10 pm

Well...I heard from RockAuto the day after I sent them a PM. (Good job guys!). Unfortunately that was March 24th and I have yet to hear anything back!

My parts are still in NYS at my friend place...going to cost me $100 bucks plus duty to have them shipped to my residence. Sure would be nice to hear back from our friends at RockAuto bounce
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Thanks for NOTHING RockAuto    RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 10:10 pm

Well after my PM I did hear back from someone at RockAuto. They took my details and said they would investigate and get back to me. I gave them several days...no reply. So I followed up. (Great customer service guys!

To make a long story short, other than a worthless apology followed by some condescending miss informed advice from the customer service rep about not making travel plans until ensuring that my parts had arrived...they did nothing to make things right, no offer to compensate me for the extra expenses or cover my shipping...they did absolutely nothing to win me over as a customer...actually they managed to aggravate me further Mad

Needless to say they wont get anymore business from myself...and now I'm going to go out of my way to ensure that I bad mouth them to anyone who will listen. Sure I'm out a couple hundred dollars...but ultimately this will cost them a lot more in lost revenues.

I'm pulling together our communications and will post them when time permits.

Thanks for Nothing RockAuto!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 5:06 pm

Try Amazon.com?
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:37 am

I've ordered a few things from Rock Auto with no issues, but I try to stay local when buying stuff. That way when things go catawampus there's someone behind a counter I can straighten things out with.
Amazon has been aggravating to deal with in my experience. Ordered twice, one was the wrong part, the other was miss represented parts. Amazon referred me back to the seller on both issues. I got crappy Taiwan made head lights, poorly packed in Genuine GM Parts boxes. The seller said I was trying to scam them when I brought it to there attention.... Awesome.Mad

Sorry to hear more of your negative experience's with RA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015   RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RockAuto Discount Code - Expires 04/26/2015
Page 1 of 1