GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories

Go down 
+8
Donmac
Big Wagon Guy
BigBlackBeaSSt
phantom 309
Andebe
yakko
benn
lakeffect
12 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Empty
PostSubject: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:06 pm

I'd like to get some input on ideas for categories, and the type of awards for Wagonfest. please free to add your ideas here.
Secondly, We've seen  trophies, plaques and flamingos for awards. some don't want any at all. what are your thoughts.

I'll create  polls later to see which get the most support.

Last edited by lakeffect on Thu May 28, 2015 7:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 6:17 pm

maybe design a badge or something to go under your screen name or in your sig, stating the award you won, what year, what fest etc.
Back to top Go down
yakko

yakko

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:08 am

That's a good idea! A little award icon! Smile
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 7:48 am

I was referring to physical awards for Wagonfest in July.

I found these, but they would require more info to attach here.

Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVINeWDnSBHXoh3jijyISK23suC5xPZhv79sE9nQ2X5xoKZ-g8

No rules here to stop  a person from pasting one into their signature as a solution.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:45 am

Call me cheesy,but I like that idea.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 9:22 pm

Andebe wrote:
Call me cheesy,but I like that idea.

Ok,..cheesy you are
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 4:49 am

Limburger.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 11:08 am

Well...I did ask for that one.SMH.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 4:22 pm

The typical award categories we always use are fine. How about small magnetic badges that would like nice on the front lower fender. Like the GM logos on newer GM cars. If guys want to put them somewhere on the car they can or they car put it on their fridge/toolbox/lift Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 10:17 pm

i think cash awards are best,.

like 1000 for third place

etc,..
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 7:53 am

That's a great idea Nick. By the way,the entrance fee for Wagonfest is now $1200
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Award ideas   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 10:55 am

I like the existing award categories and prizes. Personally I like things that commemorate the event or can be used as garage art. I also like the electronic award icon idea (but as a supplemental item to the awards)...the ISSF has something similar for those who win the SS of the month contest.

If the clubs coffers will allow it might be nice to have some give away/club/event promotional items available. I know the group is shall we say frugal...however I'm sure the regulars would not mind a higher entrance fee assuming it was put towards things that improve club events/activities.

Club/Fest shirts, vehicle cleaning supplies, performance parts, gift cards to parts stores, hotels, or hit up some of the vendors for parts/swag?

Does the club have someone who's focused on communications and/or liaison with the vendors?

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 1:10 pm

As far as most Wagonfest events go, they typically are put on  and coordinated by  one person. In the case of the Geneva NY event, currently that's me.

The tent rental used to be $100 for the day. New Yprk State raised the rental to $160.00 this year.

Last we we had 28 vehicles X $10.00 = $280.00 -$100.00 rental. leaving me with $150.00 for awards and $30.00 for picnic supplies.

Thus far we  have 17 vehicles x $10.00 = $170 -$160.00 rental. Ten bucks left over so far for everything else.

I really don't want to raise fees. More people coming is the best answer.

Any prize donations are gratefully accepted.

If you read this are are coming but haven't signed up on the roll call, please do,  so I know what budget I have to work with.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t11640-wagonfest-2015-roll-call

Dave

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Donmac

Donmac

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 2:26 pm

Shameless and self-serving, how about a no- mod award,
for folks with nice dailies?
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 5:07 pm

This is morphing into a structured event,.

The tent started it,....
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 8:07 pm

we could do like the one year a 50/50 with tickets for parts and draw the winner and dave could get 50 % for expenses and someone could win parts cheap. i did it with a console and a grille the one year we had it
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 9:15 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
we could do like the one year a 50/50 with tickets for parts and draw the winner and dave could get 50 % for expenses and someone could win parts cheap. i did it with a console and a grille the one year we had it

LIKE!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2015 11:20 pm

Not sure who/why posts are deleted. If someone stirs the pot with an offensive comment you delete the responses? REALLY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:21 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Not sure who/why posts are deleted.  If someone stirs the pot with an offensive comment you delete the responses?  REALLY?

At least be man enough to identify yourself and tell us why OUR post are being deleted and who gave you such right to do so!
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 6:04 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Not sure who/why posts are deleted.  If someone stirs the pot with an offensive comment you delete the responses?  REALLY?

As the intent was to avoid embarrassing or lecturing anyone in public, the posts were deleted without a moderator comment, however since you insist:

First of all, nobody made an offensive post.

You just took it that way and began lecturing the person that made it.

Reread it enough times and you too may actually get that the OP was referring to himself with the "no-mod daily driver wagon" that might be in contention for a trophy, if such a category was to be added to the awards portfolio.

Flasheroo wrote:
At least be man enough to identify yourself and tell us why OUR post are being deleted and who gave you such right to do so!

I can & will delete any post as deemed necessary to maintain harmony on the board. Since letting things go too far before reeling in the discussion has gotten us in trouble in the past, I saw no need to potentially offend or lose a pre-registered attendee to WFNY by leaving up the comments that you two made. Beating on people with low post counts is a sure way not to make them feel welcome, either here or at a Wagonfest.

Before anyone goes off with the retorts, be man enough to admit that you were mistaken by posting the first time, and then again by getting indignant and posting a second time.

If that doesn't work for you, then reread Section 1 of the Conduct Guidelines & Acceptable Use Policy.

- J

Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 8:27 am

phantom 309 wrote:
This is morphing into a structured event,. The tent started it,....

And here I thought it was the orange shirts. cheers
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:16 am

Fair enough Jay, I apologize if I went to far and yes I did read it incorrectly. My bad.

I gotta stop reading these things on that little phone screen.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 9:37 am

Please note this thread is for ideas about awards, not a flame throwing contest.

On topic please!

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon Jul 20, 2015 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 11:02 am

I hate it when mom and dad fight....
Back to top Go down
Donmac

Donmac

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 4:00 pm

Sorry to any and all, who may have taken my self deprecation
as criticism. Those who met me at WF 2014 remember me saying
I have very limited social media experience. That's why I much
prefer face to face interaction. Hope that works. See you in Geneva!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:22 pm

Looking forward to meeting everybody.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm

I always like the distance award. Not cuz I won it the one time I came to Geneva, but to acknowledge someone who goes Waaaay out of their way to make it to a WF. The three years we've had it in FL, the winner has always come over 1000 miles (well Cory's was a one way trip as he flew in)...in other words, it recognizes the commitment to make it there and support the community.

Also, the one year we got dash plaques that were actually magnets. they were cool until left on the dash in the sun and they curled up Sad . Dash plaques are cool, but the wagons don't have anywhere to display them (like the inside of a trunk lid)...
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 10:52 pm

to "Guest"  Your post was in fact deleted.

To all members,  as a reminder, this thread is to help me get ideas for Wagonfest awards.
 Some seem to have lost sight of that simple point.

"Best Forum Admin and Mod Bashing" will not be one of the awards given out this year at Wagonfest.

(Maybe next year, but I'd probably take a poll first anyway.)

There is already a  whole section for bashing under "Members Only". Feel free to re-post there.

Dave Buchholz
Wagonfest  Chairman Revolutionary Dictator and money collector
Forum Moderator (but not particularly moderate when some moron here pisses me off or otherwise jerks my chain)
Sheep Whale Herder

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:12 pm; edited 20 times in total
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:03 pm

wagonfest chairman?

did i miss the vote?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:41 pm

Nick! Where you been hiding?  Am I correct in thinking you are trucking way out west again? (still?)

No, You did not miss the vote.

Note that I have edited my post above  to change to reflect my actual position of assumed benevolent authority (and other insightful aspects of forum life because I have the power to delete and idiot proof edit any damn thing I want).

As you always say,"He's gonna do what he wants anyway."

I was surprised you didn't bite on the "sheep  whale herder" part.

Good to hear from you. Hope you can make it to Wagonfest next month.

Dave

(PS.. edited... just because I can.)

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 4:47 pm

Donmac wrote:
Sorry to any and all, who may have taken my self depreciation as criticism. Those who met me at WF 2014 remember me saying I have very limited social media experience. That's why I much prefer face to face interaction. Hope that works. See you in Geneva!

No worries, most people that weren't surfing on their phones did understand the message Smile

Anyway, there has been some continued off-line discussion about this suggestion, and there is some grassroots support for some type of a "Stock" / "Daily Driver" award.

New people might easily be concerned about attending with something considered "acceptable", what with the overwhelming number of modified wagons running about.

Adding the category would encourage newcomer participation, as they now stand to be recognized with whatever they might own.

- J

Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 5:51 pm

How about a "Rode hard and put away wet" award in lieu of "ugliest wagon"?

This would now cover those cars that have been all but used up. Rust, worn seats, 4 different tires, broken door panels.... This does not carry the same connotation ugliest.... ugliest would cover those that paint their valve covers lime green.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:45 pm

Ya mean .. kinda like this?

No too sure if it would transfer well to a plaque though?

Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Put%20away%20wet
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Dave, if you put that away wet, you aren't done yet....
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2015 9:04 pm

hmmm,. we we have been DDing the geluz wagon even thru the winter,..

I support this category!
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:21 am

I have taken your suggestions to heart ( Yes.. I have one.)

There will be both a Long Distance and  Preservation award presented this year.

Last edited by lakeffect on Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 10:46 am

This thread should come with a legal disclaimer....omit the part,"no forum members were harmed or quit the forum in the making of this thread." lol! Too soon?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:44 pm

Can't say the same for the sheep.

Dave Buchholz
Wagonfest  Chairman Revolutionary Dictator and money collector
Forum Moderator (but not particularly moderate when some moron here pisses me off or otherwise jerks my chain)
Sheep Whale Herder

PS. edited at least several times for sake of truth, (mine) justice, (the way I see it) and the American way of weaseling out ( like my brothers and high school friends taught me) of anything that I may or may not have posted before, or many times edited thereafter, but then again might or might not have edited or deleted, but just looks suspiciously like I did to anyone with half a brain, when I may or may not have taken  flack (which was unkind, unprovoked and totally uncalled for, and my lawyer says it was without legal standing  that has no chance in court, American or Canadian, but he's not to sure about Ireland) from some person who likely obviously was a some kind of mental disorder or poor and disenfranchised as a youth freaking moron,  (just like that person grossly incorrectly thinks I am) who disagreed with my God given wonderful sense of humor and thoughtful insight towards sheep life, and incredible humility which no one (particularly including my wife) appreciates here on the forum, and of which my English teacher would have taken off points as being one big run-on sentence, who turned out to be a sleaze bag, just like we all thought he was, and so did the Police after that incident at the lake that got him arrested, but you didn't hear it from me, because I can  edit and delete stuff, including your stuff, to make it look like I didn't, but probably did, but there is no proof because I may or may not have edited and/or deleted that too... just because I can, so sue me.
affraid Twisted Evil jocolor lol!

PPS: I edited the emoticons after you wasted precious  moments of your life that you'll never get back after reading all that crap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories   Taking ideas for  Wagonfest award categories Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Taking ideas for Wagonfest award categories
Page 1 of 1