GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pypes X pipe deal !!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GMjonn

GMjonn

Pypes X pipe deal !! Empty
PostSubject: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2015 11:54 pm

LMPerformance is selling Pypes Xpipes for GM B bodys for 167.88 shipped !!! Mine arrived thos afternoon. I cant imagine getting a stainless x pipe made for less considering that this is as close to an exact fit that you are going to find.

Last edited by GMjonn on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : adding)
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2015 9:01 pm

I have one on my 95 Caprice Wagon too, and I bought it years ago when Summit Racing or Jegs was blowing them out for like $120. Its a beautiful piece.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2015 3:50 pm

Please educate me about X Pipes.

Thanks,
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 4:27 pm

My mufflers have holes in them and will probably be in dire straights by spring. Typically are mufflers all that are required or does other stuff need replacement too?
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 7:28 pm

The mufflers are literally triple wrapped, so they can often have holes in them for years and years before they finally let go. Mine had the outer layer ripped half off for years and were silent.

They finally failed by breaking the welded on connection of the front of the muffler. The mufflers had metal hanging from them that hung 3-4 inches off of them, but they didn't leak any sound or exhaust.

I wouldn't touch them unless you just want piece of mind.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 9:15 pm

Not touching them is piece of mind.

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2015 10:00 pm

I think the majority of the outer layer was gone from the mufflers for 3-4 years before they failed. lol

I wanted them gone, but when they failed the muffler shop rewelded the pipes and those stock mufflers were still quiet for 2-3 more years. They really lasted even tho they looked like heck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pypes X pipe deal !!   Pypes X pipe deal !! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pypes X pipe deal !!
Page 1 of 1