GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carfax Rocks

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rjathon

rjathon

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 6:36 pm

My rust free FL wagon with 109K miles was owned by the original owner from 1996 until 2013, then sold to another guy in Fl in 2013 and then sold to me in 2014... Or so I thought. Today while shopping for a vehicle for my son a salesman ran a Carfax report on my car as a courtesy and all of that is true except for the fact that it actually had 208,954 miles on it when the original owner sold it to an Acura dealer. From there it went to an auction where the guy before me bought it.

That explains the new alternator, complete A/C system, radiator and new transmission before I got it. I've replaced the ICM, fuel pump and sending unit, front breaks and bearings, and exhaust manifold bolts as well as dropping in refurbished Bosch III fuel injectors.

The car is very tight, everything works, and it runs great. I'm a little disappointed over it having 100K miles more than advertised but all in all it is a great car so I'm not unhappy.

Llive and learn!
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:01 pm

Yeah a bummer but do not get caught up in the numbers. I have come across many 275k plus mile B-Bodies in the wrecking yards that folks gave up on. Keep it maintained and replace things as needed and you will have a fine wagon. Sounds like I lot has been replaced and tended to already!
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 7:54 am

Carfax integrated with Mitchell to be able to provide integrated repair histories from any shop integrated with Mitchell who works on the car. I think this was a great idea on both of their parts as it makes both Mitchell-affiliated shops and Carfax much more valuable. This is especially true since car dealers are legally prohibited from providing you any paperwork from the previous owners, especially maintenance history.

BTW the new transmission and new AC in the car is a huge bonus. The great majority of recently rebuilt 4L60Es are far better than the stock ones that came in these cars.
Back to top Go down
rjathon

rjathon

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 8:24 am

Thank you for the encouragement. The car is immaculate and runs great. I envision getting to 300K plus with it.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2015 9:54 am

Why not 400k? Wink
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitimeFri Jul 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Don't let the mileage bother you, if its been maintained you'll be just fine.  The last 2 B-bodies I bought I never even looked at the odometer until I got them home LOL.  I have 2 with over 200k and they pull stronger than some of my lower mileage cars.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carfax Rocks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carfax Rocks   Carfax Rocks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carfax Rocks
Page 1 of 1