GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?

Go down 
+3
Fred Kiehl
silverfox103
Steve Smith
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Steve Smith

Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:59 am

My recently acquired '94 Caprice wagon has NO cup holders! REALLY?! Geez! Don't think I could live without the Buick's center arm rest/ cup holder/storage capacity. Since both of my wagons have the same color cloth interior, I was thinking of swapping the center arm rests before I sell the Buick.
So, before I go to the trouble of removing them, I was wondering if they are a straight forward swap.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 11:42 am

Easy switch, just remove 4 nuts and swap them.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:18 pm

The buyer for your RM will be unhappy. They are not that expensive. You should try to find one. What color is your interior?
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:37 pm

Both wagons are a light blue cloth interior.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:30 pm

I switched mine. 2 bolts I believe.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:42 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I switched mine.  2 bolts I believe.  

The easiest way is four nuts from the bottom.
Back to top Go down
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 10:56 pm

Thats strange that your Caprice doesn't have the cupholder under the AC controls.....you know the cupholder that bounces like hell and spills your drink all over the place!

I constantly find myself with my cup between my legs. Its easy to find, and it does not bounce as much.

I have had several sodas fall out of the holder and all over my front seat! Drives me insane.
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 1:00 am

Maybe you didn't notice the pull out tier above the ashtray......It's okay for a small styro cup (1/2 full) as long as the road is smooth
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 9:04 am

AzDon wrote:
Maybe you didn't notice the pull out tier above the ashtray......It's okay for a small styro cup (1/2 full) as long as the road is smooth

Ya that cup holder is a disaster waiting to happen! lol

I love the Roadmaster armrest with the flip out holder!
Back to top Go down
Steve Smith

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 9:28 am

Yeah, I spoke too soon on that one Rolling Eyes Used to the Buick's. Cheesy. shallow one in the Chevy is a joke. Still on my to get list.
Back to top Go down
Eyorspt

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 1:26 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:

I love the Roadmaster armrest with the flip out holder!

What flip out cup holder????

I have a 1995 Roadmaster and there are no cup holders..................I was robbed!!! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?   Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster center armrest in a Caprice. Do-able?
Page 1 of 1