GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

B-body Shootout this weekend

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

B-body Shootout this weekend Empty
PostSubject: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:30 am

As a reminder to a previous post., the East Coast Impala Racing Series (ECIRS) is having a shoot out this Saturday Aug  29 at Empire Dragway. It's near Geneseo NY, near Letchworth State Park. The local Impala club, Rochester Area ImpalaSS Entuhiasts (RAISSE) is the hosting club, and PCM for Less, is the sponsor. There will also be a Pro-mod Shootout as well.

Here's a chance to see what your 1/4 mile times are. I'm taking Shammoo to see if I can break 100 mph in the traps.
 links:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1565093523749307/

http://www.empiredragway.com/-2015-saturday--sunday-schedule.html
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:51 am

We want pictures and video's Mr Dave!! Good luck!
Back to top Go down
GSBULLDOG

GSBULLDOG

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 9:49 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
We want pictures and video's Mr Dave!!  Good luck!
Yep what he said !
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 11:38 am

"Here's a chance to see what your 1/4 mile times are. I'm taking Shammoo to see if I can break 100 mph in the traps." Without the SIDEPIPES,are ewe crazy? What a Face
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Well at least it still has side exhausts.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 8:47 pm

So performance is better?

will it idle at the lights,...?? affraid
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2015 7:54 am

Thanks for asking Nick.  Getting the new fuel regulator in, then adjusting to 44 lbs pressure solved the biggest  lean issues. Once I got the pressure where it belonged, it solved most of the always lean everywhere  issues.

Seen some  other major improvements due to reprogramming. A lot of it had to do with the startup routine, choke AFR vs temp and Open Loop AFR settings. I also raised the target idle at lower morning temps until it warms up.  It goes (properly) lean under deceleration (DE) now instead of pig rich. Found the settings to change that.  It took a good 20-25 reprogramming attempts to get there overall.

The car is a beast when it is warmed up, never had that seat in the pants kick off the line like I do now. Still has a few quirks that relate to specific situations of load vs rpm in the fuel tables to improve upon, but  overall vastly better.

Thanks for all your help and suggestions. Still gotta get rid of the red vacuum hose though.

Dave
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 7:57 am

All that has changed. Something happened where I have AFR's in the 18-20 lean till it stalls numbers.  also too lean to start up. No prior program load  improves it back to where it was two days ago, so there is obviously an issue. I'm going to first see what my fuel pressure is. Perhaps the set screw on the regulator has backed out. Will also check for vacuum leaks.

At the moment, I can't keep my car running long enough to back out of the driveway. Drag racing is tomorrow. Doesn't  look like that will be happening, unless I discover and fix the problem within the next few hours this morning.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 10:25 am

Damn Gremlins Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 10:39 am

Checked the fuel pressure, a little low. Raised it, and switched to a fuel table from last summer that was more rich overall. Seemed to help, but the jury is still out on this one. took one ride, still not happy High Afr at stop light idle, so raised that area more. haven't test driven that BIN yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B-body Shootout this weekend   B-body Shootout this weekend Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

B-body Shootout this weekend
Page 1 of 1