GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

%^#*@ Front bumper

Go down 
+7
buickwagon
Krzdimond
Deadmanonduty
YachtDriver
MalibuSSwagon
Fred Kiehl
MG Davis
11 posters
AuthorMessage
MG Davis

MG Davis

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 5:17 pm

OK, this almost foot-long front bumper has to go. Ive bumped just about everything in existence with it, and today ripped the front right chrome off on a bollard. Im used to the end of the hood being the end of the gorram car, not a foot behind the end of the car.

Anyone seen something similar to the rear roll pans, only for the front? Planning on doing a rear roll pan too, so might as well take two parts to the paint shop as one.
Back to top Go down

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:07 pm

You might be the only person I have ever heard with that problem. lol
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 6:42 pm

First time I have heard of the issue. You should be able to adjust to the extension. You have to adjust your thinking and "know" that there is a foot in front of the end of the hood. You need some old style curb feelers, except about 10 spaced around the bumper.

My 91 sits so low, that I have to stop a foot further out from a parking lot bumper so that I do not tear the bottom off, or remove the center airdam.

What is a bollard? It is not in my dictionary.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 8:49 pm

Uh got any cars with that problem?
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 9:14 pm

You could try a backup sensor kit in the front.
park distance
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:38 pm

I would hope this is like an April Fools joke or something, but I think its sincere! affraid
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:48 pm

Cut a hole in a tennis ball and stick it on a pole. Mount pole to bumper.

You're Welcome.
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2015 10:58 pm

Deadmanonduty wrote:
I would hope this is like an April Fools joke or something, but I think its sincere!  affraid

Yes, heaven forfend somebody not like something about the car and want to change it. ::eyeroll::
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 12:33 am

What does forfend mean?

Maybe a small end of a fishing rod on each corner with a bright yellow tip would be sufficient. Shape a piece of metal to clip under the stainless trim.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 5:08 am

MG Davis wrote:
OK, this almost foot-long front bumper has to go. Ive bumped just about everything in existence with it,

Geez, you should try a Spartan Gladiator with a hose bumper. You'll have no problem with the B-body thereafter.

Fred Kiehl wrote:
What does forfend mean?

To avert or protect. And a bollard is a post to divert traffic or tie up a ship.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 7:32 am

1. Nautical A thick post on a ship or wharf, used for securing ropes and hawsers.
2. One of a series of posts preventing vehicles from entering an area.
3. A projecting bulge of snow or ice used as an anchor for a rope in mountaineering.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:52 am

I cant believe this is a thing...SMH...Nobody ever said driving wagons was easy Suspect For what its worth I like YachtDrivers idea best.
Back to top Go down
Bert Slater

Bert Slater

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:25 am

do what they did with early autos, hire a young boy to run along beside the car.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 12:59 pm

YachtDriver wrote:

You could try a backup sensor kit in the front.
park distance

Nice! At that price get a set for the front and for the rear. My GF said she'd have to learn how to drive a big car, this will shorten the learning curve.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 2:07 pm

MG Davis wrote:
Anyone seen something similar to the rear roll pans, only for the front?  Planning on doing a rear roll pan too, so might as well take two parts to the paint shop as one.

yes. Street trends and probably other vendors sell an assortment of front bumpers
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Get a urethane one, they do not crack when you bump something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

%^#*@ Front bumper Empty
PostSubject: Re: %^#*@ Front bumper   %^#*@ Front bumper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

%^#*@ Front bumper
Page 1 of 1