GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello, I like cheese:)

Go down 
+3
dmg4
Deadmanonduty
Dropkick_Eddie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

Hello, I like cheese:) Empty
PostSubject: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:51 pm

Greetings from the upper Midwest!(Wisconsin)

Joined the forum a while back, just now getting around to posting. My name is Eddie, and I also, have a wagon addiction. It all started when I was a kid and rode in the way back of my parents yellow caprice station wagon, smiling and waving at people like an idiot. Flash forward a decade and I picked up a 1970 Chevy nova for my first car at 17! (Still have it). Over the next couple decades for some reason I went through 3 generations of Lincoln town cars for daily drivers amongst some other vehicles. Really enjoyed the Lincolns on the highway and was looking into buying a p71 crown Vic. However I always liked GM and the 9C1 caprice cop cars as well. So, on a whim I drove through Chicago 2.5 years ago on my way back up north and looked at a 1994 caprice wagon with 32k. Within one hour, unbeknown to my fiancé at the time, I bought it and was on my way home with it! She wasn't too happy with that;) Surprisingly, she still married me! Six months later I sold my Latest Lincoln town car and bought a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon for my daily driver... I spent quite a bit of time and money over the last year and a half getting her Where I wanted her to be. And I learned a lot. Luckily my wife enjoyed driving my wagons so much when I'm not home, she let me sell her car and buy her an estate wagon this last summer!Smile I'm looking forward to posting more and definitely going to try and hit up some of these events you guys have planned!
So yeah, cheers
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 10:51 pm

Welcome. I'm Near Green Bay!
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 11:09 pm

Welcome. It sounds like you've not only found a support group for your wagon addiction, you've also married well!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 10:36 am

Welcome aboard,sounds like you are definitely in the right place.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 12:25 am

Welcome! Gotta love these old wagons, tough machines but such a joy to drive.
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks guys! Nice Deadman!  I'm from Eau Claire, but visit the Appleton area quite a bit during the summer! I'll post some pictures once I get back home in two weeks and finish up my version of a battle woody!Twisted Evil

Ps I bought my wife's wagon from a member on here Terry.(Kadonte) if anyone has a way of getting ahold of him, please let me know- It won't let me pm yet and the Craigslist email we corresponded through expired a couple months after I bought it from him Sad
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 3:54 pm

I believe you need 5 posts before you can PM. I checked he doesn't have his email listed. Remembering "kadonte's" wagon, your wife has a beauty.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 5:07 pm

This is a test... Should link to my gallery
Hello, I like cheese:) Image_zpswzzrufc5
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 5:39 pm

4. Another Summer roadtrip. photo image_zpsegs5zcld.png

Roady through a couple transitions...
2. Oilfield Wagon photo image_zpsp7fwahq4.jpeg

7. vintage 1951 Buick Roadmaster hub caps! photo image.jpg1_zps5e6louii.jpg

10. "The Battle Wagon" photo image.jpg1_zpstytvxsg4.jpg

Wife's Wagon...
Wife's wagon- tows a trailer damn well! photo image_zpstoqfkfhg.jpeg
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2016 10:19 am

^^^^ need to use the IMG tag and you can cut and paste those.

sounds like you found your family. Can't have just one....Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello, I like cheese:)   Hello, I like cheese:) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello, I like cheese:)
Page 1 of 1