GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Would you believe it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sprocket

Sprocket

Would you believe it? Empty
PostSubject: Would you believe it?   Would you believe it? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 10:20 pm

So this evening, I go to a local bar to meet my ex-father in law. He's a really nice guy and lives out of state so, we are meetings no up to have a beer. Anyway as I pull into the only free spot on the of the bar I hear something metallic. The spot is half dirt and half asphalt, so I figure it was a little piece of metal I crunched.

When I went to leave, I heard the same noise. Okay
I figure I backed over it again. Then as I put it in drive and start down the street I hear it again.

Oh crap I'm dragging something......

I get out, walk around the car and see a 2 and half foot long piece of thick wire coming from under the tire. Fatter than a coat hanger. So I'm at the stop sign with my door open and the trunk up getting tools out....

I grabbed a pair of side cutters and snipped it off about 2 inches from the puncture as I knew if I pulled it out, I would never make it home. The last bit was already bent flat so I hopped in and drove it home. Two hours later it's halfway down, I'll deal with it after work tomorrow as I'll take the third to work...
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe it?   Would you believe it? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:25 pm

Oh man, that stinks. It was probably a piece of an election sign's wire frame, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe it?   Would you believe it? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 10:57 am

I pulled the wire out last night. The tire still had air when I got home. When I reeled the hole to put a plug in, it was really hard as its a new tire and it went through the tread and not a valley. Tried doing it with the wheel on the car to save time. Ended up spending half an hour and then jacking the car up and taking the wheel off anyway! Stupid flats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you believe it?   Would you believe it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would you believe it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: