GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Battery drain

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MG Davis

MG Davis

Battery drain Empty
PostSubject: Battery drain   Battery drain Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 11:50 pm

So when it took a cold snap here a couple weeks ago, I went to fire Hilda up.  She only gets driven every couple of weeks, and with the cold stretch there, I was unsurprised when she went ::click, click, click::   Surely it had to be an old battery.  Off to Wally World for a new one, core exchange in hand.  Drop the fresh one in, drive her around for the day.  Couple of weeks later when I go out to fire her up again... same thing, clicks.  No there isnt a cargo area light on, and I cant see anything lit up after I've charged the battery back up and let her sit, but there's amps leaking out somewhere.

Any common things I should look for?  I mean other than "hey, dummy, there's a light on somewhere!" I've looked at the sticky post, but just wondering if anybody else has come across this kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Battery drain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battery drain   Battery drain Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2016 3:32 am

Did you search the forum for the brass aux battery post threads? These have caused drains in the pre 95 models.
Back to top Go down

Battery drain
Page 1 of 1