GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Greetings from Seattle, Washington!

Go down 
+7
Sethb
stewzer55
81X11
jasonlachapelle
Andebe
silverfox103
Matthew Falcon
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Empty
PostSubject: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 7:50 pm

Newbie here, and I'm looking to get my first Roadmaster Estate Wagon in a few weeks!  It's a 94, 134k miles, factory tow pkg, dark blue on blue and she's in beautiful shape. I've always wanted one of these beauties, especially since I was brought home from the hospital in a 72 Olds Vista Cruiser; her older -and now way more expensive- cousin. flower  

Hoping to connect with some other Longroof owners/lovers in Washington State too!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:15 pm

Welcome aboard Matt! From the picture it looks like you're getting yourself a nice car. I know there are a few wagon owners out your way. I liked in WA for about 5 or 6 years, on the coastal side and Eastern WA. My wife is a WA native.

When you get it show us some pictures.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 8:42 pm

Thanks Tom!  I will surely post photos if I'm the lucky buyer and I get to drive her home.  I can hardly stand the wait though!!

Last edited by Matthew Falcon on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 9:27 pm

Welcome, good luck with your new ride.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2016 10:28 pm

Hi. I'm just North of you on Vancouver Island. The "station wagon" in general seems a lot more popular in the Pacific Northwest than out East.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 1:52 am

jasonlachapelle wrote:
Hi.  I'm just North of you on Vancouver Island.  The "station wagon" in general seems a lot more popular in the Pacific Northwest than out East.

Fantastic, Jason. I've just returned from my first trip to Vancouver Island a few weeks ago. Specifically, Gabriola Island and Nanaimo. Doing a long road trip up and around the island is on our short list of trips to plan!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 9:33 am

These are GREAT cars! Welcome. First tip....never ever slam the doors, and tell your passengers the same thing. The door panels on the 94-96 are fragile.

Ha! There are other things that I'm sure you'll discover, but that's my #1 tip for new LT1 owners.

Looking forward to pics!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 9:47 am

81X11 wrote:
First tip....never ever slam the doors, and tell your passengers the same thing. but that's my #1 tip for new LT1 owners.  

-Mike

I thought it was watch out for deer.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 9:50 am

silverfox103 wrote:
81X11 wrote:
First tip....never ever slam the doors, and tell your passengers the same thing. but that's my #1 tip for new LT1 owners.  

-Mike

I thought it was watch out for deer.

Tom

That's just mean Tom..... Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:24 pm

81X11 wrote:
These are GREAT cars!  Welcome.   First tip....never ever slam the doors, and tell your passengers the same thing.   The door panels on the 94-96 are fragile.  

Ha!   There are other things that I'm sure you'll discover, but that's my #1 tip for new LT1 owners.  

Looking forward to pics!

-Mike

That's actually excellent advice, and I already enforce a no slamming the doors policy on my vehicles! HAHA!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:28 pm

Matthew Falcon wrote:
81X11 wrote:
These are GREAT cars!  Welcome.   First tip....never ever slam the doors, and tell your passengers the same thing.   The door panels on the 94-96 are fragile.  

Ha!   There are other things that I'm sure you'll discover, but that's my #1 tip for new LT1 owners.  

Looking forward to pics!

-Mike

That's actually excellent advice, and I already enforce a no slamming the doors policy on my vehicles! HAHA!!

Good deal. The lower panels are made of very crack-prone plastic, and the wood strips on the upper panel, as well as the plastic trim around the interior door handle are also fragile. For a car as tough as these GM really dropped the ball on these panels. There are a lot of threads in here on repairs for panels and such.

When you get the car if you have questions about it, then post away! This is a GREAT forum! Again Welcome!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Oh and don't take anything Phantom 309 says to you personally.   There are NO dumb questions.   He's just mad from being stuck in a frozen tundra all his life.   Wink

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 4:33 pm

81X11 wrote:
Oh and don't take anything Phantom 309 says to you personally.   There are not dumb questions.   He's just mad from being stuck in a frozen tundra all his life.   Wink

-Mike

Heh... Duly noted! Though it's pretty darn difficult to offend me! I mean, you really have to get mean and nasty to ruffle my feathers! cheers
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 5:31 pm

81X11 wrote:
Oh and don't take anything Phantom 309 says to you personally.   There are NO dumb questions.   He's just mad from being stuck in a frozen tundra all his life.   Wink

-Mike
Dont poke the bear,Mike. Shocked
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 9:31 am

Andebe wrote:
81X11 wrote:

-Mike
Dont poke the bear,Mike. Shocked

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sethb

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:13 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 10:09 pm

Welcome. There are 3 others including me in the Seattle area on the forum.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 12:51 am

Yeah, I'm a Seattle local with a blue on blue wagon too.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 12:38 am

Welcome
Back to top Go down
9SEA1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 12:05 am

Seattle area wagon owners?
Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Img_2017
Back to top Go down
Matthew Falcon

Matthew Falcon

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 4:47 pm

Yes sir! I'm in the Madrona/Leschi/CD neighborhood. Keep an eye out for my 94 RMW with the plate, XLWOODY.
Back to top Go down
9SEA1

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 7:06 pm

Nice, I'm out here on the Eastside. Our bbody club gets together more often in the spring and summer time. You're welcome to come out and meet the crew and check out rides at one of the meeting coming up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings from Seattle, Washington!   Greetings from Seattle, Washington! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Greetings from Seattle, Washington!
Page 1 of 1