GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

finally some pics of my newest toy.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

finally some pics of my newest toy. Empty
PostSubject: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2016 10:45 pm

Since lacrosse season in over I finally have some time to think. I got a chance to wash the car and take some pics of it.

finally some pics of my newest toy. 1

finally some pics of my newest toy. 2

finally some pics of my newest toy. 3

finally some pics of my newest toy. 4

finally some pics of my newest toy. 5

finally some pics of my newest toy. 6

I picked these up from ebay and a Corvette forum to help with the restoration.

finally some pics of my newest toy. 7
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:15 am

Any thoughts on that same camo pattern your Jeep has,on the Vette? Not until now,huh? Lol,enjoy...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:05 pm

Those are some of the best-built and most reliable Covettes ever made. You'll love it!
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:32 pm

Andebe wrote:
Any thoughts on that same camo pattern your Jeep has,on the Vette? Not until now,huh? Lol,enjoy...

I can honestly say I am going to paint the vette and I did think about digital camo. a white/grey/black. I don't think so.

when I painted my jeep back in 08? I honestly think I was the first person ever to paint a jeep digital camo. if you google digital camo jeep mine is often #1.

while pictures of the two together would be cool along with car shows I just don't think I want digital camo on my first vette.

http://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.corvetteforum.com-vbulletin/800x600/picture_php_pictureid_136838_f81a6a4d146784c59357951c3a3e5a1da41a2dc2.jpg
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 12:34 pm

81X11 wrote:
Those are some of the best-built and most reliable Covettes ever made.  You'll love it!

it is truly an awesome car. I do love it. I feel sad to say my wagon has languished as I drive the corvette everywhere I only need two people.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:16 am

Corvettes and wagons? Almost sounds like my house!
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:08 am

yeah, I don't think so.

finally some pics of my newest toy. 1_1

FWIW fathers day came early this week and I picked up these rims.

finally some pics of my newest toy. 8

I promise to get the wagon interior done and get it back on the road.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 11:10 am

Recycle the others to the wagon with some adapters?
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:11 pm

Andebe wrote:
Recycle the others to the wagon with some adapters?

no I find the C5 wagon wheels to be butt ugly..

I would never use adapters and to be honest I really like Buick road wheels.

If I ever want to change up the look of the wagon I have a set of the 8" wide truck rally wheels I could run. I bought them for winter tires but I will never subject the wagon to a Michigan winter.

http://www.supermuscleparts.com/usedimages/15X8TRUCKrally.JPG

Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:38 pm

Great new toy! The C4's are way under valued and are a lot of car for the money.
I personally really like the Pewter...from the pictures the paint looks to be in great shape...why do you want to paint it? I hope you keep your original rims...a future owner may wish to put them back on. (I keep all my Vett take offs).

Is it a 6 speed or an Auto?
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 10:53 pm

Big Wagon Guy wrote:
Great new toy! The C4's are way under valued and are a lot of car for the money.
I personally really like the Pewter...from the pictures the paint looks to be in great shape...why do you want to paint it? I hope you keep your original rims...a future owner may wish to put them back on. (I keep all my Vett take offs).

Is it a 6 speed or an Auto?

6 speed. the new rims are also optional Vette rims, just more desirable.

If it were silver I might keep it but what I really want is that electric blue color.

FWIW mine is a C5 and they are quite a bit more car than the C4s.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 8:59 pm

Yes I mixed up the generations...I have had a Vett or three in the garage since I was 16. They are fantastic cars, virtually useless as a vehicle but fun. The chrome rims are an improvement.

I hope it brings you lots of enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 1:15 pm

Big Wagon Guy wrote:
Yes I mixed up the generations...I have had a Vett or three in the garage since I was 16. They are fantastic cars, virtually useless as a vehicle but fun. The chrome rims are an improvement.

I hope it brings you lots of enjoyment.

honestly I can get a lot of crap in the trunk, and as long as you only need to move 2 people it is a great car (for me) 7 months out of the year. it gets great gas mileage for the power and I get even more complements than my jeep. I do enjoy the crap out of it. although fixing some of the electronic glitches may be expensive.

my biggest regret so far was waiting so long to get one.my next biggest regret is not having enough money to buy another one for my wife.
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 10:47 am

They are great cars, comfortable, fast, handle well, return excellent economy for what they are...can move two folks and a couple bags...not super prone to rust. Really what's not to like.

I hope you drive the doors off of it...and when your in a position to buy your next one (it will happen)...perhaps that one can become your wife's.

I know you said you wanted to paint it, I hope you don't. It's a nice color as is and assuming the paint is in good shape leave it alone. With its original paint It will be worth more and easier to sell if you ever had to. (It's yours and your going to do what you want...but seriously if you want a blue one sell that one and find the car you want...you will be time and money ahead in the long run).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally some pics of my newest toy.   finally some pics of my newest toy. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

finally some pics of my newest toy.
Page 1 of 1