GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should I buy it?

Go down 
+3
brokecello
Andebe
94Woody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
94Woody

94Woody

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 12:40 pm

Found a 1995 Caprice Wagon with transmission issues. Car looks good in pictures and from the road but I have been hesitant to call the guy and go over it. Doesn't appear to be rotted or even rusty. Blue with blue interior. Some dings and dents on driver quarter but the rest is straight. Has a big tow Hatch on it. 117xxx actual miles. Said it has reverse and goes forward but only has first and second.

Apparently I am the only person to show interest in it in the last month because he is blowing my email up. Told me today that I can have it for $550. I figure it is worth more than that in parts, especially if it has good sheetmetal.

Could also put a working trans in it and have a Wagon again. It doesn't have the wood that I dislike on it and has the proper mirrors so I could actually leave it one color.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:34 pm

If you have the ability for funds for a new/ish tranny go for it,and welcome back to the game/addiction. Twisted Evil cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:41 pm

Uhh..yeah! Buy it an fix it. You know you missed the wagon!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
silverfox103
silverfox103

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 1:58 pm

That was For Sale this winter when I was down south. For $550, that's not much of a gamble. That could be a very good deal.

What are you waiting for?

Tom

Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 2:05 pm

Class III hitch is worth 300 alone so it's a good gamble. I bought and sold a wagon just for the hitch.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 2:24 pm

First time I ever saw it on CL was last month. It's 15 minutes from my house to Smile

I'm not too keen on the low options that it appears to have. I can't stand the strapless door panels.

Edit
I have a feeling it is one of the 1AA cars because I can see the faded area on the front fenders that had a unit number on them at some time in the past.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2016 2:47 pm

Like Mike Brewer says, "hold out your hand" for $400, and you can't go wrong.

GM remanufactured trans is less than $1900. Off brand ones much less.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 1:17 pm

The owner is very strange. Was blowing my email up every day. Told him I would call him when I got home and he said he couldnt wait to hear from me. Called him, got voice-mail, left message. Never got a call back and email communication has ceased. Oh well, don't have the desire to grab another one at this time anyways.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 21, 2016 9:49 pm

There is a 95 RMW in the local yard that was driven in, and still had the trans as of Tuesday. If you pulled it, and installed it, you could have a running and driving car for under $800. The door panels can be modified to have straps. If I was close, I would buy it. I just have no way of getting it home.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2016 2:31 pm

The ad states the car can be driven. Something about it has reverse but slips into second when in drive. He flaked out and won't return calls or communicate anymore so I am unable to check it out in person.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Should I buy it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Should I buy it?   Should I buy it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I buy it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wagon General Discussion-
Jump to: