GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
d4rksabre

1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Empty
PostSubject: 1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)   1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 10:08 am

Hi everyone,

I know I'm new here, but I'm posting up because I have a wagon that, although I don't want to sell it, I probably should and I'd like to find a good home for it. We're moving soon and I don't know if I'll be able to take it with me.

I bought this wagon back in October for $1000 to use as a temporary car in between turning my cheating Dieselgate Volkswagen in and buying a new car. I put about $1400 in repairs into this wagon to make it safe including steering components, brakes, and oil cooler lines.

It's got just over 130,000 miles on it and the previous owner told me that it spent much of its life in Florida, although if you looked at the undercarriage you wouldn't know. It's quite rusty. I haven't found any soft spots or holes in the frame though, so it's got that going for it.

The interior is in good but tired shape. Nothing egregious. I can provide pictures of the interior if desired. It still has the luggage area cover!

AC compressor electrical plug is currently unplugged because the compressor seems to seize up when it runs too long with the clutch engaged. You'll probably have to replace the compressor or at least the clutch if you want the AC back, since smoking the serpentine belt isn't a great option.

I guess I would classify this either as a driver/winter beater, or perhaps a good donor car if you have a similar one and need parts. I'd hate to just sell it to someone on craigslist who doesn't appreciate it after the work I've put into it to save it from the junkyard.

If you're interested just let me know and we can set up a time to meet. It's inspected and on the road.

I'm asking $1600, but quite frankly my goal is to find it a good home if someone wants it, so I'm pretty flexible.

Thanks,
Carter

1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Roadma10
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)   1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 10:16 am

Posting some more pics would help it find the right home quicker. Sorry you need to sell,you will miss it. Everyone always does.
Back to top Go down
d4rksabre

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)   1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 10:20 am

Andebe wrote:
Posting some more pics would help it find the right home quicker. Sorry you need to sell,you will miss it. Everyone always does.

Just getting that one picture up was hard enough! Razz

I will post more this weekend when I am home and can take some. Weather looks nice for Sunday.

I'm glad I've had some time to tinker on it, figure out its idiosyncrasies. My first car was a '90 Caprice, and there was an '84 Delta 88 in the long line as well. I was inspired to give a Roadmaster a try and I don't regret it. Stabbing that throttle on a nice straight stretch of road is just too much fun. I don't doubt there's another in my future (perhaps one that is just a little more rust-free).
Back to top Go down
d4rksabre

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)   1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 8:27 am

dmg4, I received your PM but apparently I haven't reached a post limit yet so I cannot reply to the PM. I would be happy to show the car this weekend. Please call me at 585-236-0947.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)   1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 9:17 pm

OK. Text sent. I'll catch up with you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)   1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1996 Roadmaster Wagon For Sale (Western NY)
Page 1 of 1