GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roof racks?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:37 pm

Does anyone know what vehicle these crossbars came from? The flat ones on my '92 OCC, are next to useless. Also has anyone used the crossbars from a Caprice wagon on a OCC or RMW? I like the way they look like a spoiler on the Caprices.
Roof racks? Wagon_10
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:44 pm

I think the flat rails look SO MUCH better than the tall SUV-style truck rails, but the tall ones are more useful. Buick switched to the "truck rails" for 1994, and the 95-96 had them as well. Only the 91-93 Custom Cruiser (black) and Roadmaster (chrome) used the low-profile single rail.

SO yes, you can add the SUV-style to your Olds, just look for a 94-96 Roadmaster wagon. I swapped to a chrome low-profile rail on my '96 wagon about 9 years ago.

Can't help on the Caprice...don't know if those rails will work...but I "think" the Chevy rail may be wider.

-Mike

Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Thanks 81X11, I like the flat rails for looks, but would like to find a set of the taller SUV style rails so I could actually use them. Anybody else know if the Caprice rails will fit?
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 24, 2017 6:33 pm

Caprice rails will NOT work.  They are wider.  Or should I say the cross bars are wider....

The ones pictured are from 94-96 Buick RMW and will work just fine.

Side note, my wife's 1999 Lexus RX300 SUV uses the exact same roof rack ends as pictured, although I never measured the cross bar width to check as I've sold all my Buicks.  That may be a Junkyard helpful tip Wink
Back to top Go down
BigDaddyDraayom

BigDaddyDraayom

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 25, 2017 8:18 am

Sprocket, thanks for the info.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Roof racks? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roof racks?   Roof racks? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roof racks?
Page 1 of 1