GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Window off track - not rollers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Haze5736

Window off track - not rollers Empty
PostSubject: Window off track - not rollers   Window off track - not rollers Icon_minitimeSat Jun 10, 2017 10:07 am

I opened up the front passenger door to fix the window rollers since the window comes off the track as it goes up. To my surprise the rollers are not broken. The track is rather corroded so I lubed it up real good and it operates better but something is still allowing the window to go out of alignment as it goes up.

If I open the window about half way I have a ton of lateral movement. Maybe 2-3 inches. So as the window goes up the glass moves toward the front of the car coming out of the vertical channel. I don't see many parts in there to cause a problem. I did push the plastic/rubber insert back into the channel. It was not snapped in near the bottom, but that didn't help.

Could something be bent in there? I don't know how to tell.

What could be causing this problem?

Edit: I just went back out to look at it some more and found another channel sitting in the bottom of the door. Surely that is the problem and must mount somewhere on the left side of the door. I'll have to look at the FSM to see where it is supposed to go. So far I can't tell if it is broken.
Back to top Go down

Window off track - not rollers
Page 1 of 1