GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Car auto show at work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lamune

lamune

Car auto show at work Empty
PostSubject: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 am

So next Friday is the annual charity auto show at work. I'll be bringing the wagon- I have some ideas for some silly things to do as far as documentation goes. Maybe I'll pick up a trophy and award myself "biggest car in show" or something like that- who knows. Any of you do any funny things to showcase b-body wagon pride at an open car show?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 9:27 am

Car auto show at work 18739610

Trust me, these stand out at the car meets! You could always strap Aunt Edna to the roof!
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 11:20 am

Aunt Edna on the roof and a leash tied to the bumper would be great. I doubt the kids would get it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 1:14 pm

Best woodie, with a large ----- as the trophy.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 4:42 pm

Make him a sticker Dave that reads,"Go ahead,you can touch my woody." Shocked
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeWed Sep 27, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice....
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeThu Sep 28, 2017 10:26 am

I'm sure we can all come up with other variations on that theme. I might even print them for you in vinyl.
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 pm

Very Happy

So, I really wasn't able to get anything together with a funny fake award or National Lampoon's Vacation props. But I now have a real award to take next year.

Car auto show at work Wp_20117

Also, I got parked next to one of my co-workers who just imported this Mazda AX-1, so we had a good contrast of large and small automobile representation in an extremely compact space.

Car auto show at work Wp_20118

And I want this Hudson Smile

Car auto show at work Wp_20119
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 10:08 am

Love the lines on that Hudson!
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitimeSat Oct 07, 2017 12:41 pm

That Hudson was awesome. In the 70's we had some AMC Hornets. They didn't look anywhere near as awesome.

I brought a real film camera this time, so I didn't get a lot of phone pictures, but here's a few that were interesting to me.

This guy had a 50's service van and an early 60's travel trailer. Lots of shiny aluminum and turquoise.

Car auto show at work Wp_20120

Another shot of the AX-1. This car generated a lot of interest, but the big one behind it won the award. Maybe it helped. In any case, it's cute. The total displacement of the engine at 660cc is less than one piston's worth in the LT1 by the way. But it does have a turbo.

Car auto show at work Wp_20124

Green Lambo!

Car auto show at work Wp_20123

And of course an 80's time machine. I was surprised to only see one given the huge amount of nerds and their cars here.

Car auto show at work Wp_20122

Here's what the dash on the Hudson looks like. Really nice!

Car auto show at work Wp_20121
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Car auto show at work   Car auto show at work Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Car auto show at work
Page 1 of 1