GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sjb6741

sjb6741

1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Empty
PostSubject: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 4:34 pm

Hey y'all.  I'm new to the forum, but long time wagon owner and lover.  

Hope I'm not breaking protocol, just looking for some buying advise or letting y'all know about a nice looking wagon.

Considering a 1996 Black on Red Roadmaster showing 81K from PA.

Currently at a dealer in NJ (in Hemmings and a few other places). I'm new, so apparently I can't send the link to Salit Auto in NJ.

I think they're a little proud of the car (asking $11.7K), but am hoping that some of the more seasoned forum individuals will either:

1. Tell me the truth, whether asking price is over the moon or not.
2. Buy the bloody thing so my wife will talk to me again!

Thanks!

Scott B.
'72 Kingswood (College)
'80 El Camino (really a wagon)
'78 Impala (Wedding Escape)
'87 Buick Electra Estate
'93 Roadmaster (last one before conversion vans)
maybe '96 Roadmaster
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 5:24 pm

Here is the link Scott, I believe:  https://www.salitautosales.com/listings/1996-buick-roadmaster-limited-estate-wagon/

As for the price, that is a lot of money, like you said, "they're a little proud of the car".  There may be someone here who has paid that much, but I don't know who that would be, or they aren't saying.  I would guess on average, most of us bought them between $2500 to $3500.  Some definitely lower and some higher.  A new member just bought a beauty for $500.  I believe it was sub 100K.  Also that car, if it is from NJ, has almost 25 years of Northeast winters and rust.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents, is that it worth half of what he is asking.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:26 pm

For pretty much that price, you can just buy mine...
Back to top Go down
sjb6741

sjb6741

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 8:59 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Here is the link Scott, I believe: [redacted]

As for the price, that is a lot of money, like you said, "they're a little proud of the car".  There may be someone here who has paid that much, but I don't know who that would be, or they aren't saying.  I would guess on average, most of us bought them between $2500 to $3500.  Some definitely lower and some higher.  A new member just bought a beauty for $500.  I believe it was sub 100K.  Also that car, if it is from NJ, has almost 25 years of Northeast winters and rust.

For what it's worth, my 2 cents, is that it worth half of what he is asking.

Tom

Thanks, Tom for posting the link.  I've been all over the site, the rules of the forum won't let newbies post external links. Heck, I couldn't even leave in the requote of your post... good rules, not complaining.

I agree on the price.  I did get a bunch of undercarriage pictures that I'm fixin to look over again now.  That being said, there is some visible corrosion inside the engine compartment on top of the inner fenders.  As we know rust, what you can see ain't nuttin' to what you can't.

Appreciate the insight.

Scott.
Back to top Go down
sjb6741

sjb6741

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 9:00 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:

Noted, but yours is in a whole other country and on the completely other coast. Though yours does look nice.

Was the GS badging your idea? Never saw anyone take that road (master) before.

Scott.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 9:25 pm

Quote :
Noted, but yours is in a whole other country and on the completely other coast.

Jason's car would be a much better value for that kind of money.  Fly out, drive home, call it vacation.  I do it all the time.  There's some beautiful country between here and there.  Alternatively, you could ship it on an open transport coast to coast for about $1000 or less.
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 9:32 pm

sjb6741 wrote:
jasonlachapelle wrote:

Noted, but yours is in a whole other country and on the completely other coast.  Though yours does look nice.

Was the GS badging your idea?  Never saw anyone take that road (master) before.

No, one of the previous owners did that.  He also put the little 'GM' squares on the fender, similar to new models.  Nice little touches.  Car is originally from Kansas City, MO.  No rust.  Still has the intact tag on the washer fluid tank.  Imported to New Brunswick at 35k miles.  I bought it in NB in 2012 and drove it to BC. Since the car is originally from the USA, it's pretty straightforward to import back into the US.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeMon Mar 26, 2018 10:15 pm

Scott

I think you have to post 5 times before the handcuffs come off.

If it has rust or you suspect it, keep looking, there are plenty out there

Tom
Back to top Go down
sjb6741

sjb6741

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 am

silverfox103 wrote:
Scott

I think you have to post 5 times before the handcuffs come off.

If it has rust or you suspect it, keep looking, there are plenty out there

Tom

Thanks, Tom. I'll keep at it.

Rust is always that silent, relentless killer.

The money they want is perfection. ANY rust is not perfection.

Search is on.

Scott.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2018 10:27 am

Holy grail colors and asking price,Jeezzzzz...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned   1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1996 Buick Roadmaster Wood Delete 81K Miles - need opinions of the Seasoned
Page 1 of 1