GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Auld Sodger

LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner Empty
PostSubject: LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner   LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2018 2:59 pm

This is not a new issue but its been awhile and I was wondering if there has been solution to the availability of the mechanical fan belt tensioner PN 10186118?

Can they be rebuilt?  If so, who offers this service?

Thanks,

Don

PS  I am aware that a second electrical fan can be added but that is a relatively expensive fix (that includes procuring a used fan) for what used to be a $25-30 part.
Back to top Go down
f550maranello2

LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner Empty
PostSubject: Re: LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner   LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 12:44 pm

So Ill tell you what I did, I took the tensioner apart cleaned the shaft that the spring rides on since it was seize, the bearing you can buy at autozone for a few bucks but it requires you to cut the outer race of the plastic pulley. I then took some JB weld and glued the tower, glued the bearing onto the plastic pulley and called it done... Good luck finding a replacement too...
Back to top Go down

LT1 HD Cooling Fan Tensioner
Page 1 of 1