GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!

Go down 
+10
CBurne7
Garrett Crozier
brokecello
Funkwagon455
Fred Kiehl
94Woody
red280
RedandBlack
lakeffect
81X11
14 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Empty
PostSubject: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 12:34 pm

I'm beyond excited to see the famous Swinkster 6spd wagon safely re-homed here in Texas. Have "known" this car for YEARS. The car will be making it's way to Round Rock soon for me to refurbish a bit. Last drove this 4-5 years ago and totally loved it. Looking forward to the project!!

The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! 37765010
The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! 37811310

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 1:42 pm

Glad it went to a good home.

Last edited by lakeffect on Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:16 pm

Step 1: lower it.
Back to top Go down
red280

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:17 pm

Cant wait to see what you do with it. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:08 pm

RedandBlack wrote:

BWAHAHAHA. Last thing this guy will ever do to a car.

It needs it though. Looks like a dog on the trail of some drugs.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 6:29 am

Must be sn illusion of the camera. But the rear wheel appears to be of smaller diameter than the front.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:47 am

The distortion is due to the poor paralax of the lens. It starts to go a little fisheye at the edges
Back to top Go down
Funkwagon455

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 8:58 am

What?! No interior photos?!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:20 am

Glad it made the journey safely! Eager to see the progress you make with it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:06 pm

Well when it arrived it had a broken ignition switch, one of the front brake calipers was frozen, the rear tailgate window would not open and the temp gauge pegged when you started the car.  Ha!   New switch installed, brakes fixed, park-lockout repaired so rear window opens, and NOW Richard is finally driving it.  

He's going to drive it a few weeks and make a list of work to be done.   I know the driver's door panel is cracked where they all crack, but amazingly I have a perfect tan one in my attic parts stash!   It's got to go to my body guy to have the rusty spare tire well repaired, and the steering wheel needs to be re-dyed. It also needs a LOT of cleaning and detailing, but I love doing that stuff!

He sent me the pic below yesterday, so I need to locate the bumper corner chrome trim, see pic below, and it also looks like the wood is getting a little ratty, but I can get some paint and hide that a bit better.   Also I can tell the taillights need to be polished, and I may attempt to clear-coat them.   I want to restore those on my white car too.

The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! 37769210

We'll see!   He and I trade of work and favors (and cars), and I'm really looking forward to diving into this project in a week or two.  

We're also planning to have a nice little wagon gathering at either the Round Rock or Austin Cars and Coffee with this car, my white Roady, and my two friends with their gold Roady wagons.  There is also a guy in Georgetown that has a nice Custom Cruiser, and the guy that owns my white Cruiser, so we'll see!

Projects!

-Texas Michael
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 12:27 pm

What did you do to fix the temp gauge pegging by chance? New sensor in the block or was it wiring? I'm curious because I put a new sensor in mine and it still does it. I'm about to buy another since everything is apart...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 2:12 pm

brokecello wrote:

What did you do to fix the temp gauge pegging by chance? New sensor in the block or was it wiring?   I'm curious because I put a new sensor in mine and it still does it.  I'm about to buy another since everything is apart...

That's not fixed yet, but he checked it using the diagnostic readout in the climate controls and it wasn't overheating but that gauge.

You guys are making me worry....the Z28 cluster in my white 96 works perfectly....
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 2:52 pm

Yeah, mine was the same. Climate control reads fine...but the gauge pegs when I start it up. (after I had to put a new sensor in the head). The climate control does not read from that sensor though. Heath and I are actually going to figure it out Sun...want to see why its doing it.
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 3:29 pm

Love the new wagon. I might have bought it if it was on the market a few weeks earlier! LOL. On the note of the temp gauge, I'll share my experience with my 94 caprice just in case it is relevant.

The gauge always read low, and after going through many sensors, connectors, and chasing the wiring throughout the whole car, it ended up being the gauge itself. Can't remember if the roadmaster has it, but the caprice has a 'gauge check' function when cranking (pegs the gauge). It was my theory that after 20+ years of cranking, the gauge got messed up from being pegged every morning. Put a new gauge in the cluster and solved my problem.
Back to top Go down
CBurne7

CBurne7

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 6:53 am

94Woody wrote:
RedandBlack wrote:

But he'll cut a hole in the floor for a shifter??? Question Question Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.bomb.com
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 7:44 am

Send me your address and I'll send you stainless piece.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 10:45 am

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Send me your address and I'll send you stainless piece.

Sent! Thanks!

Can't wait to get started on the cleanup/refurbishment.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2018 8:36 pm

CBurne7 wrote:
94Woody wrote:
RedandBlack wrote:

But he'll cut a hole in the floor for a shifter??? Question Question Question Question Question

What? The previous owner did that. Besides, Mike doesn't own it anyways. Just messing with him like I do on the facey page.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 am

94Woody wrote:
RedandBlack wrote:

It has airlift bags in the back, let the air out and lose the rake..... Wink
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Any updates Mr. Massey?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 1:51 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Any updates Mr. Massey?

Nope. I think he's having too much fun driving it to give it up! Knowing Richard he's already detailing it because he can't leave anything alone.

Last we spoke he was driving it and making a 2-do list for when it comes back east to Austin. I've got my body guy lined up to do the spare tire well repair, and I found a perfect tan driver's-front door panel in my attic parts-stash, so I'm itching to get to work.

That all said, I really want to take the 70-mile trip out to pick it up in my wagon, and then have my kiddo Eddie follow my back, with Texas Hill Country wagon pics and backroad fun on the way home, and currently my wagon is down with a broken cat converter, so I've not been bugging him about picking up the car.

Updates Soon!

-Michael
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2018 4:10 pm

Of course Eddie will drive the NotRod correct?!?!?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 11:32 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Of course Eddie will drive the NotRod correct?!?!?

We'll see!
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:15 pm

Quote :
We'll see!

Parentspeak for "no".
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2018 4:37 pm

dmg4 wrote:
Quote :
We'll see!

Parentspeak for "no".

I am fluent in such verbal expressions.......
Back to top Go down
ollie17

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2018 2:00 am

Neat. What a stunner! Love the exterior.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 3:32 pm

Did stainless meet your expectations?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2018 4:17 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Did stainless meet your expectations?

Sent you a Message.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!   The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Swinkster 6spd wagon safely here re-homed in Texas!
Page 1 of 1