GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes

Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle Empty
PostSubject: Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle   Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 4:09 pm

Hi! Looking for a throttle body and air intake tube for a 1996 Roadmaster Wagon.

Shipping to Brooklyn, NY.

If you have one, feel free to get in touch with me on andrewchayes@yahoo.co.uk.

Thank you!

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle   Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 9:09 pm

I can get these at the local P-N-P yard. I will have to check on price. You want OEM parts I hope. The 94 and 95 TBs have an additional coolant input and output, but otherwise are interchangeable. Most owners disconnect the hoses.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Hayes

Andrew Hayes

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle   Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 7:42 pm

Hey Fred! Do you think parts from a P-N-P would be any better than what's on the car now? Apparently the air intake tube is just dry with age. Do you know if anyone does manufactured / NOS parts?

I've seen this from BBK (http://www.bbkperformance.com/products/throttle-bodies-/gm-throttle-bodies/1994-97-lt-1-57l-52mm-and-58mm-throttle-body.html?car_motor_key[]=1491&car_motor_key[]=1704).

Although I'd prefer OEM, I'm thinking it might be the most reliable solution...

Andrew
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle   Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2018 8:41 pm

Unless something is worn, the one you have is probably as good as any, unless you have modified the engine. You only need more air if you are making more HP.

The chance that there are NOS parts available is about 0. All of them will be in about the same condition as the one you have. Some people have used a Camaro intake tube to get rid of the resonator on top, not have the hockey puck, but it has a resonator extending down in back of the radiator. Again there are no new ones.

The engine is supposed to make a few more HP with the top resonator in place, but it looks nicer without the resonator.

You can get silicone elbows, and aluminum intake tubing to make your own, and some have used plastic plumbing tubes, although the plastic ones tend to compress with clamp pressure.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle   Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted - Throttle Body and Air Intake Tube / Snorkle
Page 1 of 1