GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mattb

Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Empty
PostSubject: Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC   Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2018 11:06 pm

Hey there, I'm selling my Roadmaster station wagon with about 115,000 miles. I am the third owner. The first owner sold it to his friend who kept it for a couple years until he decided to get rid of it and sold it to me. The original owner serviced it at the dealer for it's whole life and kept it in a garage so despite being a northeast car it has a lot less rust than you'd expect. I bought it in 2015 after baby number 2 and now I need a minivan for baby number 3. As cool as it is, the third row seat isn't going to cut it for long distance kid hauling.

Before I bought it, it was in a tiny fender bender with a pick up truck. The hood was damaged a bit and the grill was broken. I replaced the grill with a caprice grill I had in the shed and the hood has a small dent that I chose not to fix. The carfax report lists this, should you choose to run one.

It's a tow package car with 2.93 gears and a posi rear. It has a performance tune from PCM Performance that included lowering the fan temps and disabling VATS. I removed the mechanical fan and installed a secondary fan along with the Innovative Wiring kit. The air pump and associated pipes have been removed as well. I also removed third base and home plate. Other than those things, the motor is stock. It has 5 (one for the spare) late 60's Buick ralley wheels and general grabber tires with about 10k miles on them. Still plenty of tread left and the wear is even so there's no major front end issues. The alignment is slightly off but nothing major. It doesn't pull when stopping. I still have the original wheels and they will be included in the sale. The original wheels have 2 nearly brand new tires and 2 very worn tires. I'll also include the factory service manual.

When I bought it, it needed new mufflers so I put on a pair of Thrush Welded mufflers, removed the resonators and replaced them with straight pipe. It sounds great; not too loud, not too soft...just right!

It was also missing all the black rubber trim and I managed to find all of it except the long rear side pieces as you'll see in the pictures below.

I have done a ton of minor work on this car. Mostly small annoying things like rear hatch popper solenoid, heater core, brakes, rotors, wheel bearings, belt (twice), power steering hoses, coolant flush and hose replacement, washer fluid pump, evap canister hoses, new EGR, O2 sensors, fuel sender/pump, the list goes on...

The one major job that has been done, is the transmission rebuild 2 years ago. I still have the paperwork. The rebuild was done at a great shop in Long Island.

This car runs great, rides smooth and accelerates effortlessly. The AC is cold and the heat is hot. Everything works! Super comfy leather seats and power everything. I absolutely love this wagon and will be sad to let it go. Below is a few pictures. I'll take some more tomorrow after the car wash. It's a bit dirty after an apple picking run.

The price is $4500 obo. I'm in NYC, send me a PM if interested!!

Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Img_0010

Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Img_0910
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC   Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2018 10:25 am

Good luck with the sale. I really like the darker blue, and the Buick Road Wheels!
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC   Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Here are some more photos:

Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 03_fro10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 04_dri10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 05_tai10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 06_pas10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 07_fro10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 08_rea10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 09_mot10
Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC 10_mil10

I have plenty more. If you want to see them I can send a link to a dropbox.
Back to top Go down
sjb6741

sjb6741

PostSubject: Re: Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC   Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 12:52 pm

Skip the mini-van!

We've had a full-size conversion van (really long roof) since our second was born in 1997.

Both vans have been GM ('97 GMC and '01 Chevy) converted by Explorer Van Conversions out of Warsaw, IN.

These are truly great! We still have our '01 with 140K and heading out on the road again this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Mattb

PostSubject: Re: Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC   Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2018 12:06 pm

Sold!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC   Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue 1996 RMW Tow Package NYC
Page 1 of 1