GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Climate Control unit lights

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

Climate Control unit lights Empty
PostSubject: Climate Control unit lights   Climate Control unit lights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:43 am

My Climate control unit decided to stop lighting up the buttons on the left hand side. Are these lights replaceable?
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control unit lights   Climate Control unit lights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 11:56 am

Hi Jim

I just had a similar problem with my Climate Control Unit in my Yukon XL. With that unit, bulbs were soldered onto a board. I can solder, but didn't want any issues. So for $29 including shipping back to me, I sent it to here: https://audioxpress.org/

Jeff did a great job, now all bulbs work. He is very quick, I Priority mailed it to him in OH, he fixed it and sent back the same day. It might have taken 4 days total. Probably will be a day more each way to CA.

Don't know if the RMW is the same (bulbs on board), but I would guess that it is.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control unit lights   Climate Control unit lights Icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2018 10:16 pm

Tom: Thank you for the recommendation. I will contact audioxpress.
Nothing like an easy fix.
Back to top Go down
Jimosborn

Jimosborn

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control unit lights   Climate Control unit lights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:35 am

Contacted Audioxpress and they do not repair lights in the Climate Control. Turns out the issue was the headlight switch rheostat. When you turn the knob to adjust the brightness there were gaps in the lights for the dash being on.   I replaced the Headlight switch and now everything is lit and bright.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control unit lights   Climate Control unit lights Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 10:55 am

There's always something to be learned here, thanks Jim.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Climate Control unit lights   Climate Control unit lights Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Climate Control unit lights
Page 1 of 1