GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

96 ds mirror glass

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2019 7:09 pm

I found my driver side outside heated mirror glass broken today on my 96 RMW. From what I read, they are not that hard to replace IF you have the whole thing with the clips on the back.  So I am in the market for one.

thanks in advance,

Tom
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 7:04 am

I may have one, I will check for you. When I bought my car the mirror housing was destroyed, so I bought another pair. Should still have the original.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 7:24 am

Would love some good instructions on how to get at the two motors on the 95-96 mirrors. My driver's side only goes side-to-side, no longer goes up and down.

-Michael
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 10:48 am

i did a search on this site, and found a reference to adjust the mirror all the way ??, then slip a thin screwdriver behind it and pop loose an x or cross type bracket to remove, then carefully press the replacement on. I don't know if there are multiple motors or not. I have not tried mine yet. Presuming they fit more than one model, the glass may be very available in the bone yards.
Back to top Go down
Garrett Crozier

Garrett Crozier

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 2:40 pm

I do have the glass, I'll pm some photos. $10 plus the ride fair?

And Mike, I have the motor as well if you need it. You may want to check that the plastic lead screw on the mirror to make sure it isn't stripped.
Back to top Go down
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2019 6:27 pm

Just pull the glass off, then you’ll see a black box with a few screws. Remove cover to expose motors. I swap dead ones out all the time from busted donor mirrors I hang onto.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

96 ds mirror glass Empty
PostSubject: Re: 96 ds mirror glass   96 ds mirror glass Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

96 ds mirror glass
Page 1 of 1