GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Will these fit and/or rub at all?

Go down 
+3
BigBlackBeaSSt
Cletus
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Will these fit and/or rub at all? Empty
PostSubject: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:01 pm

I know 17's fit. I saw someone here who had 18x9.5 on their wagon and they fit.

So here's what I found:

http://www.jegs.com/i/Cragar/260/3978950/10002/-1

17x9
5" backspacing

Will they fit without rubbing at all? Also will the Mustang tire size (215/60R17 I think?) fit on these or will they be stretched and crappy? What would you recommend?

I'm all ears.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:11 pm

The Mustang tire size is P235/55/17. That's what I have on my Impala wheels. Came off a new 2010 Mustang.

At $80 a wheel you do have lots of other options. I paid $250 for my Impala wheels. Chevy Rally wheels look great. Also chrome GM truck wheels for 90's Chevy trucks looks sharp, like they had on the SS454 and Sport trucks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:15 pm

I don't want Impala wheels, everybody does those. <_<

I want to be somewhat different. I'd love a set of rally wheels, but I can't seem to find any. I'm just looking more at the size than those particular wheels (Sprocket already has a set on his wagon, in 15".)

But I'm just using those as a point of reference, because I do want something wider than 7". And yeah, I'd like to be in at $400 or less for my 4 wheels. Somehow....
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 12:14 am

Id love to spend some more and get something like these in a 17"

serieshttp://wheelvintiques.myshopify.com/products/billet-buick-104-series

I saw them a few years ago at a show and they looked great, even had a 20" version that I cannot find anymore. It looks like there are a few companies reproducing these billet style.

Not too bad a price but not under $400
Back to top Go down
http://vulturesawait.com

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 7:32 am

Yeah, those look good. I could go for some of the Chevy rally wheels, if I could find them.

But part of me wants to go bigger. Not OBNOXIOUSLY huge, no bigger than 18", but something nice and clean.
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:11 am

Found these in the local craigslist.
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/1861433652.html
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:13 am

Sweet, but I think those are only fitting on a Roadmaster.

Probably a really good steal though, $300 isn't bad.
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:41 am

Stingroo wrote:
Sweet, but I think those are only fitting on a Roadmaster.

Probably a really good steal though, $300 isn't bad.

yea just realized that sorry
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:07 am

Jim,

Maybe this will help on tire size.....

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Tim
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:57 am

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Jim,

Maybe this will help on tire size.....

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Tim

Tim, I think he was looking to see if they are 5X5 or not.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:03 am

No, their 5x5 (just for an example), but I'm wondering about the backspacing, rubbing, turning, etc.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 9:50 am

Sorry, just responded to Cletus's post......
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:37 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Sorry, just responded to Cletus's post......

I think the facrtory rims are 4.5" or 5" back spacing. 5" should work.

Tim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Awesome. I wanted to go wider. I love the way they look. If I remember, the Impala wheels are 17x8.5, but I didn't know if the extra half inch would mess with the front or anything.

If not, I'm happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:57 pm

mine are 15x8 with 4 in baackspace and are tight (you need to come check them out).

i'd suggest a 5.5 BS with a 9 in width.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:02 pm

What about 8 inch width? Would 5 inch be good then?

I haven't seen any with 5.5 (not that I've looked terribly hard, but you know).

And yeah, I really do need to. Less than a month before I disappear forever to Jacksonville. lol

Maybe I need to convince my dad to take a trip to the u-pull it just for the hell of it one day and pay you a visit. He's starting to come around to the wagon... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 11:34 pm

8 wide with 5" BS will work VERY nicely. mine have alot of space behind them.

you and your dad are welcome a nytime.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 7:55 am

Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:38 am

My coys are for sale. Wink $1000 and you can have them at the fest. They are 18x9.5 and fit the wagon. Smile

But someone would have to bring some tires I could roll home on! Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:39 am

I can't make it to the fest.

And much as I love your wheels (and how they fit) $1k plus tires is out of my budget. Good luck selling though. What are you going with now to replace them?
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:40 am

That was WITH the tires. Smile

I need to get a set of custom forged wheels to do what I am planning. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:41 am

I would love those. lol

I won't be able to purchase for a couple of months though. Right now I'm trying to price it out in my head.

If you still have them come say... mid September ish. I'm all over that. lol

What's the name of the wheels? I want to find a link to show my dad.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:43 am

http://www.coyswheel.com/coys.html

They are the gunmetal ones.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:49 am

Yeah, I hope you still have those. Those look amazing.

Do they rub when turning at all or anything? I've never been in a B-body with wheels that big before, so I'm curious.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:50 am

No rubbing. And I drive it HARD. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 9:51 am

You and me both. lol!
Back to top Go down
firewood

firewood

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 pm

17x9 with 5 inch backspacing will work, but it will be close to the fender. Might need some minor trimming, but I doubt it with the proposed tire size. Should work.

Crovo- those wheels look so absolutely perfect on that wagon. The only way to top that WOULD be something forged. So I'm looking forward to what you do next.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 2:03 am

Close to the fender is fine by me, doesn't bother me at all. I assume they won't be as close as what toomanytoyz has, and if he drives as hard as I think he does (I remember his little Impala burnout in front of a cop story...)I should be okay.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 12, 2010 8:30 am

Hey uh... question: what's the backspacing on the regular 15x7 wheels? I'm debating staying with 15 inch wheels to keep tires cheaper down the road (poor college student and what not...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will these fit and/or rub at all?   Will these fit and/or rub at all? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will these fit and/or rub at all?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GM Longroof Forum :: Longroof Tech :: Wheel & Tire section-
Jump to: