GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

fluid and filter change...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

fluid and filter change... Empty
PostSubject: fluid and filter change...   fluid and filter change... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 4:28 pm

I dropped the pan and changed the fluid and filter. What a PITA to change the filter gasket! I also did a flush of most of the fluid via the trans cooler line. A bit messier then I had expected... But it did work pretty well overall. I used a case(12 quarts) of the Mobil Dex VI fluid.

The old fluid looked pretty decent but we have no idea if/when it was ever/last changed. The car did have a lot of work done at what looks the dealer before it was parked. There was almost nothing in the pan, the magnet did have a small amount of very fine gunk on it.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: fluid and filter change...   fluid and filter change... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 6:02 am

Good job! Keep an eye on the fluid on the dipstick. If it gets murky and has a lot of dust in it, flush it again. But based on what you wrote, it'll probably stay clean.
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: fluid and filter change...   fluid and filter change... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2019 4:57 pm

Thanks! Cool

I might have put in a bit too much fluid. Mad but I will keep an eye on it and check it a few more times before doing anything... When I checked it yesterday after she got home from work the car was on a bit of a slope. The fluid looked good, no foaming, but was a touch high on the stick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fluid and filter change...   fluid and filter change... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fluid and filter change...
Page 1 of 1